Hot Rod Forum banner

High performance

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  agb1758 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2002 Vette, 5.7L, 350 hp. How can I increase the performance (hp) without tearing the engine apart?

#4 ·
As you know the motor in your car is as well engineered as Chevy thought was practical. However there are a couple of things you can do. The computer chip can be re-programmed for different performance characteristics. I don't personally know much about this because I am more of a retro rodder type, but know that you can run a laptop program to increase performance.

The other thing you can do is add a nitrous oxide system. This can give you huge gains in power....I mean you could double your HP.

But not all the gains are in the motor. You can make suspension and tire modifications that make it more fun and faster to drive in the twisties etc. Join a Vette club. This is where you learn the tricks for later model cars such as your.

#5 ·
One thing you have to remember about GMs after 1996, you have to have the chip reprogramed in the car, you can boost it up only one time, then return it to normal once, after that you will have to get a new computer. They will not accept the performance chips like earlier GM models would.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.