Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - High School Drawings
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 05:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonJay
"Brick"... (I assume you are from Indy, with a name like that)... Thanks for the kind words. I wasn't going to enter any. They may have unusual ideas... but today's computer enhanced work seems much more complex and professional. I could drop one in just to support the theme.

My airbrush work does not compare to the subtleties of what guys are producing now. I still use a binks, and stencil much of it. That's the way I started in about '72... and I am a creature of habit. The truth is, I actually get more pleasure out of the design phase than the execution.

Do you have any of your early work?
Actually, I'm from Massachusetts.The name "brickyard" originated from the area where I live, which housed an old red brick manufacturing plant.
I've always wanted to try my luck with an airbrush, but have never gotten around to it. Most of my work is done in oils. It takes me a lot longer, but as I get older, and my Arthritis continues to claim some of my hands, oils seems to be more forgiving, and I can more readily correct my mistakes. Most of the stuff I do here is done with markers, pastels and colored pencils. Quick and easy, and not worried about exact details. I associate with your work because I'm still an old school guy who loves to draw and paint. I've included some older pen and ink drawings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bobstruck#1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	58329   Click image for larger version

Name:	burnout.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	58330   Click image for larger version

Name:	burnout7a.jpg
Views:	109