History Of Protective Coatings - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 06:37 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

[QUOTE]Originally posted by troy-curt
[B]Paint shop safe means, can you paint over it, like some of the other products that leave no swirl marks.

How about posting some pictures of some of your shiny cars, so we can compare them with ours.

Troy
Paint shop Safe MEANS:
1) It will not cause fish eyes.(no silicones)
2) It will and can be washed off with wax and grease remover.

3m Machine glaze and hand glaze leave a film of glaze and you would not try to paint over. If did paint wont stick. They are paint safe.
Other examples of paint shop safe you cannot paint over.
Fast wax, Best wax, Butter wax.
Contains no silicones but must be washed off to paint.

Advertisement

Last edited by BarryK; 08-05-2004 at 06:45 PM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter

Last journal entry: Detailing Eng. Compartment
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by babe_n_indy
As with any paint, you want a clean surface. I wouldn't shoot a coat of paint over a dirty car or a car that had waxes or polishes on its finish. I wouldn't shoot paint on a car that had polymers on it either. I'd use Dupont's Prep Sol and remove anything on the finish first. Also, I wouldn't paint on top of paint. If I am going to paint a car, I prefer to do it correctly and do it right the first time. That way, I'm not going to have problems down the road. A little common sense can go a long way!

The product I use does not leave any swirl marks at all. Swirl marks are scratches in the surface of the finish. And scratches are caused by abrasives. It doesn't have any abrasives in the product; therefore, never will there be any swirl marks nor will there be scratches from applying it to the surface of the vehicle.

I have painted a few cars, and polished a few. I know what swirl marks are.

I didn't say anything about painting a dirty car.

Do you strep every car you paint? Painting over good paint is better than painting over primers and sealers.

What I ask was, is it paint shop safe. Meaning can you paint over it as in rubbing out or polishing a blend, before and after.

Would still like to see some pictures of your results, if it is shinier than mine I might look at it a little closer.

What products do you know of that says paint shop safe on the label? Safe for use in the paint shop or can be painted over?
There could be several, but I only know of one.

Troy

69 ss rs full custom camaro 98 ISCA grandchampion
69 ss rs bb camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 ss chevelle bb conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

Last edited by troy-curt; 08-05-2004 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:56 PM

Last photo:

I did a Google search for "Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme" and all I found was stuff like this was on various forums...

http://www.aaca.org/ubbthreads/showf...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Old 08-05-2004, 09:41 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Quote:
Originally posted by CrackerJack
I did a Google search for "Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme" and all I found was stuff like this was on various forums...

http://www.aaca.org/ubbthreads/showf...b=5&o=&fpart=1
After reading that, I would say it's a safe bet that this person is indirectly advertising on this board. Whether it's disguised as "information" or not, it's still advertising. In fact it's worse, it's an INFOMERCIAL!

I say to the DUMP!

I'm waiting to see a video link where this stuff has a super duper high powered laser shot at it etc.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:31 PM

Last photo:

Anything that will do what he claims it will do, is not good for the paint.

I had rather rub poopoo on mine than that kind of junk.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Troy

26 T sedan street rod
Old 08-06-2004, 10:06 PM

Last photo:
Location: Justice, Illinois (bred, born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky)

Rod & Custom contains no silicone. It will not leave any swirl marks. I still don't understand why you would want to paint over a wax / polish / polymer?

And, no, I do not work for the manufacturer of Rod & Custom. I use their product.

If this sound like an infomercial, my apologies. People asked me what I used, and I told them.

To my knowledge, the manufacturer of the product does not have a web site. Many companies in the world do not have a web site. I don't know why they don't, but they don't. So, if you did a Google Search, you will not find a web site.

The only way that I know to purchase the product is through a distributor, at some of the Napa stores or CarQuest Stores, at shows, Big A Auto Parts. I purchase mine from a distributor.

Rod & Custom is not junk. I certainly don't think the President of the United States of America would have it on Air Force One if it were junk! That is the only thing that they use on the military's aircraft.

I am not here to defend the product. I do have information on the product I use as I was quite interested in it when I purchased it and requested information from the manufacturer. I can post up for you a list of companies that use this product if you wish, but again, a lot of you are going to accuse me of doing a commercial and that is not my intent.

When I posted up this thread of the History of Protective Coatings, it was for information purposes. I've done a lot of research of the years. I have been educated by the best of chemists in the field. I have had the distinct honor and pleasure of participating in various comparison studies. I have been asked to do presentations and seminars on detailing vehicles, restoring and maintaining cars. I have written articles which have been published relative to chemicals, polymers, waxes, polishes, solvents and other subjects.

Again, my posting of this thread: "HISTORY OF PROTECTIVE COATINGS' was for information purposes only!!! You guys asked me questions, I answered them, and now I am being accused of doing a commercial. That really isn't fair to me. If you don't want to know something, then please don't ask me or anyone else.

I do have many photographs of many cars. I do not own a scanner to have them scanned. I may have a couple on my pc that I could send via email as I have never posted or uploaded a photograph on a forum.

If you attend any shows, you will more than likely see a Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme booth there. Visit it. Look at the product and then make your own educated, knowledgeable and intelligent decision.

And I have a feeling that me being a woman threatens some of you guys, whethe or not you want to admit it. Women do have brains and I do possess a great amount of knowledge in various fields. And, if I don't know the answer, I will say so but I will also try to find the answer to the question that is posed.

But, please do not criticize me for answering questions that were posed to me. This thread was not intended to discuss what I use. It was intended to give anyone who was interested information.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:16 PM

Last photo:

Orignaly posted by Babe...........

#231892 - 07/09/04 11:25 PM Quote

Rod & Custom was designed and engineered to be a one-step process and easily applied. One product does it all -- Exterior Finish, Graphics, Chrome, Gold, Mag Wheels, Plexiglass, Glass and More! Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme gives the vehicle startling color, depth and beauty for all exterior finishes and graphics. The vehicle will have an unbelievable shine ... in less than 35 minutes! Rod & Custom contains Ultra High UV Block and it has a superior resistance to scratches. Bugs won't stick to it! Eliminates water spotting! Impervious to salt, acid rain, spray enamel, marker, and etc. It will remove cloudiness and light scratches from plexiglass. And it shines chrome, gold and Mag wheels. Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme is used by the nation's top show car builders! And it provides a "Fabulous Ultra Wet Look! Rod & Custom removes oxidation through a unique chemical process without wearing away the underlying surface. Application time is dramatically reduced. Because of these unique characteristics, our product line is sold and used throughout the world and have been awarded the U.S. Military's highest Award for Excellence.

People often ask me, as I am sure your clients do, why our products are better than the other products on the market. I would like to summarize for you many of the unique characteristics that make our products better.

STATE OF THE ART COMPUTERIZED DESIGN of the Molecular Structure of each product!

UNIQUE CRYSTAL CLARITY! - The clearer the ingredients used in a product the more expensive it is. We use only the clearest and most expensive polymers in the world. Waxes and many other products cloud the natural beauty of the finish. Many of the cars we see at shows that are waxes frequently, even have a yellow cast to them in the sunlight.

ULTRA HIGH UV BLOCK! - Most of the other products on the market have little or no UV block at all. (If you wish me to send to you a comparison sheet via US Postal, I can provide you with the comparison study.)

BUGS WON'T STICK TO IT! - No other product makes this claim.

REDUCED ADHESION OF DIRT! - Many of our users tell us they have saved the cost of our product in reduced car washes.

HIGH TEMPERATURE RESISTANCE! - A unique feature that has sold millions of $$$$ worth of our products for use on jet aircraft, hot rod exhaust and engine components, etc.

LONGER LASTING! - People love the fact that our products look great even after several years of service!

SUPERIOR RESISTANCE TO SCRATCHES! - If you have a beautiful car, this is one of the most important features of our product.

POLISHES ALUMINUM, CHROME, BRASS, SILVER! - No other product does so much or even claims to!

REMOVES CLOUDINESS FROM PLEXIGLASS! - You would have to spend $7.00 or more for plexiglass polish with any other product line. We have included it FREE in all of our finish sealants!

VANDALISM PROTECTION - Eggs, marker, spray paint and MORE!

NO OTHER PRODUCTS DO SO MUCH OR EVEN CLAIM TO!

Thank you for your interest in Rod & Custom and should you need additional information or have any other question, please feel free to contact me.

Can you explain this then?

I didn't know about your sex. makes no difference to me.
As for shows I've done a few. 5 years working for Super Chevy and toured the ISCA circuit for 10 years. There is nothing you can tell me about paint or polish and wax.

Troy

26 T sedan street rod

Last edited by troy-curt; 08-06-2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:51 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by troy-curt

Can you explain this then?

I didn't know about your sex. makes no difference to me.
As for shows I've done a few. 5 years working for Super Chevy and toured the ISCA circuit for 10 years. There is nothing you can tell me about paint or polish and wax.

Troy
What would you like for me to explain? I only posted an informational thread on the history of protective coatings. There is NOTHING to explain. And, I am glad that there is nothing you can learn about paint or polish and wax. Others may not know it all as you do.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:13 PM

Last photo:

Originally posted by babe_in_Indy;
People often ask me, as I am sure your clients do, why our products are better than the other products on the market. I would like to summarize for you many of the unique characteristics that make our products better.

Thank you for your interest in Rod & Custom and should you need additional information or have any other question, please feel free to contact me.

Troy
Old 08-20-2004, 12:25 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by babe_in_Indy;

Troy
People are free to contact me if they are interested in Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme. I don't mind if they do contact me.

I've won some of the most prestigious awards for my cars and I attribute a lot of it to Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme. My '69 Z28 Camaro has not been painted in over 28 years. It had all kinds of scratches, swirl marks, overspray, etc. on it. The paint today looks better than when it was painted 28 years ago. Again, all due to Rod & Custom which I first applied to the Z28 a little over 3 or 4 years ago. I haven't touched her since. And she is shown all the time as she is the Hooters Car of the Year and the Calendar Poster Car for Hooters. Not to mention what it does for my drag cars!

You should try it! You'll be amazed at the results that Rod & Custom will provide to you.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:49 PM

Last photo:

2+2=??

I figured out who you are now!
Good to have a famous celebrity on here!

Barry
Old 08-20-2004, 01:03 PM

Last photo:

whooooo!!

First of all you are breaking the rules of hotrodders.com.

I for one think you are full of poopoo.

If your car had scratches on it. no kind of nonabrasive polish will remove them. Do you think your posting to a bunch of amateurs?

Why have I not met you at the camaro nats. or a super chevy show or one of the world of wheels ISCA shows? How about the power tour or the good guys shows???? I scope out all the nice camaros at these shows. I am known as Mr. Camaro at most of the big shows. And the wax companies all look me up and give me polishes and waxes.

How about posting some pictures of your Z/28 camaro.

Troy

26 T sedan street rod
Old 08-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

I use Turtle Wax liquid.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:03 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
" ... I for one think you are full of poopoo.
I guess Troy, sometimes I am full of poopoo as I have colitis and it gives me diahrrea quite often. Furthermore, your comment about me being full of "poopoo" really doesn't concern me at all. I could give less than a darn what you think about me. You are just showing your true colors and the type of calliber of person you are. And, it's not a person that I would care to be.

Quote:
" ... If your car had scratches on it. no kind of nonabrasive polish will remove them. Do you think your posting to a bunch of amateurs?..."
My 1969 Z28 Camaro had all sorts of scratches on it. When it was purchased over 10 years or so ago, it certainly was not in the condition that it is in today. We used Eastwood on the windshield to get the scratches out of the glass and worked our tailends off! Most of the scratches on the glass came out but it took a very long time and a lot of hard work. Up until about 3-4 years ago, we had been using most of the products that each of you use and were "just" satisfied. Until one day, we were at a show and came across ROD & CUSTOM SHOW GLOSS CREME. We still had some swirl marks and scratching on the car and thought we'd try the Rod & Custom. It removed the swirl marks and other scratches without any hard work at all. Our car shines like it never has before and the depth of color is remarkable.

Troy, for your information, Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme is NOT a polish or a wax. It is a polymer. IT CONTAINS NO ABRASIVES IN WHICH TO SCRATCH OR LEAVE ANY TYPE OF SWIRL MARKS. Again, I refer you to the article that was posted "HISTORY OF PROTECTIVE COATINGS" and you can educate yourself on the differences of wax, polish and polymers. Oh, I forgot ... in an earlier posting you stated:

Quote:

"...There is nothing you can tell me about paint or polish and wax... Troy "
I do not wish to tell you or educate you nor provide you any knowledge or information about the subject matter of paint or polish and wax. I do not use waxes or polishes. I use a polymer. It is much better than any polish or wax on the market. And Consumer Guide did a study in November 2003, and compared 12 of the most used waxes and polishes and a polymer. Consumer Guide was very thorough in all of their testing and found that Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme out performed all of the other 11 most used waxes and polishes on the market. I suggest that you read the Consumer Guide article.

But, as I said in an earlier post, others may not know it all as you do. And, the "HISTORY OF PROTECTIVE COATINGS" may be informative to others since they don't know everything about everything as you do.

Furthermore, there are MANY individuals on Hotrodders.com that are very intelligent, possess much knowledge and really know their stuff. They are very professional in the manner in which they deal with others. And they have tact! They are respectful of others!

Quote:
" ... Why have I not met you at the camaro nats. or a super chevy show or one of the world of wheels ISCA shows? How about the power tour or the good guys shows???? I scope out all the nice camaros at these shows. I am known as Mr. Camaro at most of the big shows. And the wax companies all look me up and give me polishes and waxes ..."
First, I have no idea where you live or what shows you attend. And it is very possible that you have met me at various shows as I am there signing authographs. Do you sign autographs at shows? I doubt that you do. But anytime I am out and about, people are always coming up to me and asking for my autograph. And, I doubt that you can say that about yourself.

Second, I have never ever heard of your name or of you being called "Mr. Camaro" at any show that I have attended. Possibly, you like to refer to yourself as "Mr. Camaro" but I don't know of anyone else that refers to you as such. And if you are so popular, why hasn't the entire world heard of "Mr. Camaro"? This must be a name that you gave to yourself. Unlike you, I don't need to give names to myself as very nice names and very honorable names are given to me by the show circuits, by Hooters and by the drag racing community. I don't have to make up names for myself and refer to myself as you do as "Mr. Camaro". My name and picture, along with my vehicles, appears freely in magazine articles, on the news, in newsletters and many other sources of publications. I do not ask for this publicity. It is accorded to me. I don't have to go out and seek fame or notarity. Again, it is accorded to me.

Thirdly, you say that the wax companies look you up and give you polishes and waxes. Well, I know that the manufacturer of Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme has NEVER EVER looked you up for any reason to give you anything at all!

Fourthly, my 1969 Z28 has been featured in many magazines and on the cover of many magazines. It has had the distinct honor of being a centerfold car as well. Can you say that about yours? I doubt that!

Fifth, possibly I need to change my name to CAMARO QUEEN or CAMARO GODDESS or something that reflects the highest of standards of Camaros.

Sixth, not only do people want pictures of the Camaro, but they also want pictures of me with my drag cars. And, they want them autographed. I also have the cleanest drag cars in the pits. People are always asking me how do I keep my drag cars so clean and the answer: Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme.

Quote:
" ... How about some pictures of your Z/28 camaro..."
I have many pictures of the '69 Z28. I have many Hooters Calendars and Posters. I have pictures of all of my cars and Harley Davidsons. If you'll send me your name, address, telephone number, I'll be more than happy to autograph a picture for you and send it to you. The cost, for you, is $5 per photograph plus shipping and handling. That is a discount that I am extending to you and only you. Just because you are so special!

Troy, I must say this to you ... I have no idea what your problem is or what it is that you want or what it is that you are trying to get at. But, I do know one thing ... I believe it all has to do with you being a Male and your ego. Your head seems much too big for your britches! If I were a male, I doubt very seriously whether you would keep attacking me the way that you are. And, this is the last time I am going to respond to any of your negative comments to try to "egg me on" into some kind of pissing match with you. You'll never win!!! So, just give up! Find a life!!! Go do something you enjoy except for attacking me or others on this forum!!! Go to church!!! Go outside and cut the grass!!! Go wrench on your cars!!! But, do something that will relieve all this anger and stress that you are keeping inside of you! BUT PLEASE STOP ATTACKING ME AND OTHERS ON THIS FORUM!!! YOUR COMMENTS ARE NOT WELCOMED! PLEASE KEEP YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF! You seem to be such a miserable person as you only have bad things or negative things to say about me and/or others. Again, do something positive in your life!!! GO FOR A WALK!!! And, Chill Out!

Last edited by babe_n_indy; 08-20-2004 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Sorry, but it sure looks like an ad Babe.
Closed Thread

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.