History Of Protective Coatings - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 05:03 PM

Last photo:
Location: Justice, Illinois (bred, born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky)
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by willys36@aol.com
One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Sorry, but it sure looks like an ad Babe.
Mr. Wileys36@aol.com:

One - on your list: Where is there anything advertised by me?

Two - on your list: ClassicsNHotrod has an advertisement under the Members Section, Business Card. I do not have any advertisement!

Three - on your list: Again, ClassicsNHotrod has an advertisement under the Members Business Section. I do not have any advertisement?

Four - on your list: The same Web Site as number Two -- no advertisement placed by me!

Five - on your list: The same Web Site as numbre One -- no advertisement placed by me!

It certainly does appear that ClassicsNHotrod is a member of those groups. And, accordingly, members of certain groups / forums have certain rights and/or privileges. In addition, according to my investigation, it appears that ClassicsNHotrod placed advertisements in the member sections of those forums. If you wish to contact ClassicsNHotrod and make an inquiry, please feel free to do so.

Furthermore, I am sure that ClassicsNHotrods appreciates the advertisements, though! I know I certainly would!

On another note, Mr. Wileys36@aol.com:

There are so MANY products on the market today and it is impossible for each and every one of us to know the names of all of these products! Every day, new products are introduced into the marketplace.

Just because one is not familiar with a name of a product, does not necessarily mean that that individual is making an advertisement for that particular product.

Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme is a product that I use and most certinaly will provide testimonials for. In my opinion, no other product can stand up to Rod & Custom.

Again, just because you or others have not heard of it or have not used it, does not mean that the product is a bad product or that the individual that is making a comment is "advertising".

And for the sake of others, just because a member does not have hundreds of posts, does not make them a "troll" or an individual that comes onto the forum just to "solicit" or "advertise". I am truly sorry if you have encountered such actions by others; but to attack an individual for stating the product that they use and completely taking it out of context, in my opinion, is completely wrong.

I am not an individual that makes a lot of posts. If I have a question about something relative to my engine that is in one of my race cars, I may search the forums for an answer and if I don't find it, then possibly I may post up a thread. Or, if I find a topic that is of interest to me, I may post a reply. But I am not one to post one post after another and have thousands of posts by my name.

Again, for the sake of new members and members who do not have a lot of posts by their names, please keep an open mind! And, even though some of you have encountered others that you refer to as "trolls", please do not assume that all new members or members with minimal posts are such.

Thank you.

Advertisement

Last edited by babe_n_indy; 08-20-2004 at 05:26 PM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2004, 07:47 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

If this stuff is so damned good, why hasn't anyone heard of it? I mean someone of your "status and fame" should be able to get this stuff a full two minutes of major network advertising during primetime, or better yet the super bowl! Why don't you take your famous ***** and go "inform" at some other site that might give a damn. You come on here thinking that you can break the rules and it's okay because your some kind of hotshot. Then, you really get off on the wrong foot with two of our most respected members, who'm I wouldn't trade for a fist full of fifties and a dozen of you. And if that's not enough, you try to belittle anyone on here that's a regular member with a lot of posts. People on here with a high post count are here because we enjoy each other's company and have common interests. We could care less who you are or what you are. As long as you're a decent person and show a little respect to others, you're as good as anyone else on here. When you blatantly ignore the rules after being informed of them, you disrespect every member on this board. Your capitalizing the product name and the way you're carrying on is like rubbing our noses in it. Why are you even here with us common folk, don't you have more important things to do and millions to make with your advertising campaign? I don't care who you are, or who you think you are, to me you are a pompous *****.

Good day.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:38 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by BstMech
"... If this stuff is so damned good, why hasn't anyone heard of it? ..."
Truly, I do not need to defend the manufacturer of Rod & Custom. The product can stand on its own. However, for your information and to answer your question, millions of people in the world have heard of the product and use it. Every branch of the military uses it. And, the manufacturer of the product has the distinct honor of having it applied to the President of the United States airplane, AirForce One. No other company in the entire world can make this claim!

The product is not currently advertised on the television. It is sold at major shows and through some Napa and CarQuest stores as well as other means. I have been told that the product will be launched on OVC sometime this year. But as far as advertising, you would have to address those comments to the manufacturer of Rod & Custom. I can't answer for the company. Alls I can do is speak about MY useage with the product.

I do not own the company nor do I own the manufactuer of Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme.

I am not here to advertise the product. It was never my intent! The only thing that I did was respond to a question. And, just because you and others haven't heard of it, all of a sudden I am accused of soliticing the product to you. I am not. I use Rod & Custom and I like it. I don't use anything other as nothing else can even compare to it!

Now as it relates to communication skills ... and the way human beings treat others. I agree with you in most aspects. I believe that all human beings should be treated with dignity and respect. Never have I once said that I was some kind of hotshot. From your tone, it sounds as though you are jealous because I own the Hooters Car of the Year and the Calendar Poster Car. I am very honored and proud to own such a car! Anyone would be!!! Even you! And, you would also be very honored to be asked to do photo shoots and shows and autographs.

I never belittled anyone on here that have a lot of posts next to their name. I stated that I do not post often and never will I have a huge number of posts next to my name as some of the members here do. Here is exactly what I stated in a previous post:

Quote:
babe_n_indy stated:

"... I am not an individual that makes a lot of posts. If I have a question about something relative to my engine that is in one of my race cars, I may search the forums for an answer and if I don't find it, then possibly I may post up a thread. Or, if I find a topic that is of interest to me, I may post a reply. But I am not one to post one post after another and have thousands of posts by my name..."
To infer that I belittled members by the number of posts is totally incorrect! Never once did I even make such an inference!!!

Just like you, I am an ordinary person with an ordinary life. I put on my pants the same way you do yours! I am not better than you or anyone else and you are no better than me, either. I am a member of Hotrodders.com because I have common interest as you do. And, I enjoy the company of a lot of the members. I may not always agree with certain things, but that is life, isn't it? Again, the realms of respect and dignity and consideration of others plays an important role in how we communicate to others and treat others. And, whether or not you believe it, those are foremost principles that I live by. Anyone who knows me, knows that I would give them the shirt off my back, give them my last penny, help them in any way that I could and I treat each and every individual that crosses my path as I would want to be treated.

To answer your question of why I am here ... Well, I am a gearhead. A woman who likes to wrench. A woman who likes to learn and get ideas from others. And, likes to share. That is why I am here. And, I enjoy Hotrodders.com. I have friends here. Just like you do!

I do appreciate your honesty and frankness. On the other hand, I also feel that this "conversation" has been taken somewhat to the extreme and taken out of context.

Members here are certainly a lot of fun, have a great amount of knowledge which they are willing to share, and most are very good natured and good hearted. I am proud to be associated with such a fine group of individuals.

And, to you also, BstMech, I wish you a wonderful day!
Old 08-20-2004, 09:20 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

look babe whether you think you do or not, you sound like you're doing an infomercial for that stuff and it's annoying, most of your limited about of posts are spent going out of your way to promote it. What do you expect us to think? Oh and you own race cars? how many, what kind, got any pictures of them?
Old 08-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter

Last journal entry: Detailing Eng. Compartment
Last photo:

babe,,
Like I posted earlier, your sex means nothing to me.

The only thing that tripped my trigger was your posts sounded like advertisements. And that is not allowed here. Then you keep pushing the subject and the product.

As for your other assumptions. My old car has been in all of the car magazines, inside and out for several years as it changed from class to class. Been featured on calenders and at least a dozen event t shirts, and on diamond t, tv shows, and several other shows. And yes I have autographed many t shirts and pictures. I have been doing that for 15 years.

It has been the BE Goodrich performer of the year, Boyd's pick at several shows, Super Chevy car of the year, ISCA Grand Champion and other awards to numerous to mention. More than 600 shows and never been beaten.

Meguiar's, Liquid Lustre, Beats-um All, Race Glaze and Boyd's all furnish me there products, If you like I will give you there 800 # for conformation. I also sell there products in my stores, but I don't advertise it here.

There is not a swirl mark on my car anywhere, and I don't use rod and custom.

I've never tried your polymer stuff so I can't say much about it.
And I can't speak for the other members on that subject.
Get your attitude under control, and you will be welcome here.

Can you explain this post you made?????

People often ask me, as I am sure your clients do, why our products are better than the other products on the market. I would like to summarize for you many of the unique characteristics that make our products better.

Troy

69 ss rs full custom camaro 98 ISCA grandchampion
69 ss rs bb camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 ss chevelle bb conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod
Old 08-21-2004, 10:08 PM
31"A"bones

Last journal entry: Body mounting
Last photo:

Well.....deep subject!!
Could not help but throw 2 cents on this thread I mean Whoooa I still have not seen any pictures posted on either side LETS SEE THE PICS.
Keep it Real

I looked at Troys pics?? and he needs bigger better images to see, and I have seen nothing of the babes... proof is in the pudding or should I say the show car finish.

Last edited by 31"A"bones; 08-21-2004 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:32 AM

Last photo:

31"A"Bones: I can not post pictures for some reason. It gives me this error message. Any ideas?
Old 08-22-2004, 11:56 AM

Last photo:

Click on the pictures in the album and they will get bigger, unless it is a thumbnail.

The Super Dome at New Orleans.
1st in class
Best Custom
Best of Show
Best Display
Best car on BF Goodrich

Last edited by troy-curt; 08-22-2004 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:12 PM

Last photo:

Nice! What show was this at Troy?
Old 08-22-2004, 06:39 PM

Last photo:

World of wheels, ISCA at The Super Dome, New Orleans
Old 08-28-2004, 07:34 PM

Last photo:

I haven't been able to log onto the internet. My pc was hijacked. It is feeling a little better, I think, but still am experiencing some problems. I've never been hijacked before! And, I've got all this super hi-tech stuff on this pc to prevent such attacks. Oh well.

Troy, you have a really nice car. I am trying to get my photos back in my pc. I am going to have to scan some of them. My camaro is LeMans Blue. The paint is 28 years old on it, I do believe. Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to post up sometime this week.

Anyhow, hope all of you are doing ok and pray that your pc's don't get hijacked as mine did!

Old 08-29-2004, 09:02 AM

Last photo:

babe_in-indy,

This is some veeeery interesting research you did on rod and custom polishes and there products.

Troy

Quote: originally posted by babe_in_indy
To my knowledge, the manufacturer of the product does not have a web site. Many companies in the world do not have a web site. I don't know why they don't, but they don't. So, if you did a Google Search, you will not find a web site.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

http://www.dereksteele.com/history.htm

Overview
Home
History
Products
Product Line
Auto/other vehicle Line
Marine Line
Aircraft Line
Grease Blaster
Demos
FAQ's
Warranties
Upcoming Shows
Application Process
Order Hotline
Shopping Cart

History of Protective Coatings

Bees Wax - The earliest historical record of waxes being used as protective coatings comes from notes kept by the servants of the Royal Families of Europe. These records clearly show that even during the 1500's, servants prepared and applied bees wax to coaches of the Royal Families.
Natural Waxes - Later it was discovered that the waxes made as an outer covering for the leaves of plants could be used in the place of bees wax. Since these waxes were more readily available than bees wax, wax manufacturers later chose natural waxes when commercially preparing products for automotive, boat and aircraft use. The major drawback of natural waxes is their low melting point. Since many of them melt at temperatures as low as 80 degrees F, they lose their bond and as a result offer little long term restorative ability. Natural waxes are yellow in color.

Paraffin's - Paraffin's are a low end derivative of crude oil and are manufactured in the process of refining crude oil to make gasoline and motor oil. They provide longer term restorative ability during the summer months because they have a higher melting point. They are widely used in making candles and canning jams and jellies. Paraffin's are slightly milky in color.

Carnauba Wax - In 1925, S.C. Johnson of Johnson's Wax in Racine, Wisconsin traveled to South America after hearing about a harder wax that came from the carnauba palm tree. He integrated this wax into many of his products and as a result became a world leader in the wax industry. It is currently used in more expensive waxes because of its limited availability and higher cost. It is often blended with paraffin's to reduce the cost of production.

Rubbing Compound - Rubbing compound, clay soil, is often added to waxes to remove oxidation.

Silicones and Teflon - In the 1960's and 1970's silicones and Teflon was added to waxes to improve their shine or longevity, since waxes last only a few months. Waxes make an adhesive bond like a band aide and are easily removed by rubbing and washing.

Polymeric Resin Coatings - Most recently, a new line of products using crystal clear, hard, polymeric resins that bond molecularly to the surface to provide longer term protection have been developed by Derek Steele International. On site test tests how that each application lasts up to three years or more. In addition, they remove oxidation through a unique chemical process without wearing away the underlying surface. Application time is dramatically reduced. Because of these unique characteristics they are sold and used throughout the world and have been awarded the U.S. Military's highest award for excellence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web site design provided by Houk Enterprises
Web site content Copyright 2003 Houk Enterprises, All Rights Reserved

Last edited by troy-curt; 08-29-2004 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:25 AM

Last photo:

Nice work detective.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:32 AM

Last photo:

Thanks, but I had some inside help.

Now if Barry would come on and tell us who this celebrity is, maybe we could understand the reason for he/she/or it to fake this information.

Troy

69 ss rs full custom camaro 98 ISCA grandchampion
69 ss rs bb camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 ss chevelle bb conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod
Old 08-29-2004, 12:40 PM

Last photo:

It's probably sway, someone should check IP's.
Closed Thread

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.