Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - HOK kpc2f epoxy primer.. not adhering well?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 04:36 PM

Last journal entry: metal finish
Wiki Edits: 0

HOK kpc2f epoxy primer.. not adhering well?

So i stripped a door on a car im working on using 36grit and then 80grit paper. Then i cleaned the surface with wax and grease remover and then i used metal conitioner scrubbed it with a red scotch brite pad and let it sit on there for 10 minutes keeping it wet at all times. then i washed it off with water and cleaned it again with wax and grease remover. sprayed my two medium coats of the epoxy on there. well today i was sanding the qaurter panel and accidently hit the door.. the primer chipped and little and got me thinking if this was actually adhering properly.. so i take some 80g in my hand and sand the chip a little bit.. and sure enough it just started coming off and it wouldnt feather edge. so i grab my palm sander with 180 on it and sand it.. some spots feathered some just chipped. out of the 16inches that is sanded i would say 4 inches actually feathered but if i sanded it long enough it would just chip again. i did a test panel about 20 minutes ago.. i did just bare metal with no conditioner and then i put SEM self etch under the other.. if this doesnt work and noone knows what the problem is im gonna throw it away. since it is not what i usually use in the first place it was brought to me by the owner. has anyone used this before?