Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley 4777-2
Thread: Holley 4777-2
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 03:59 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks to Cobalt327 for posting some helpful timing information in another post, here is where I am right now.

I adjusted the accel pump cams and the adjuster bolt. Added a 10 vacuum advance curve starting at 10" of vacuum and all in by 4" of vacuum and I hooked it to ported vacuum as I am already running 19 initial advance. I changed the mechanical timing curve to 15 all in by 3,000 rpm. Drove it and it drove well and responded well but had a lean spot off when cruising just off idle and cleaned up with more throttle. I went home and (until I get another set of discharge nozzles) put my .036" squirter on the primary and the lean spot was GONE! Ya, its a little rich now but I need to go down to about a .032" squirter and all should be great until I get better gearing and will have to do this all over again

So here is the e-curve timing; 19 initial, 15 mechanical (by 3,000), 10 vacuum advance 10" in by 4". Math says a total of 44 but it's really about 45-46. Also Spinn I'm not using the rubber o-ring seals on the inside, just the top gasket. I haven't had any problems at all with it. Just understanding it more as it works backwards from a conventional HEI dizzy.

Last edited by Caballerokid; 08-05-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: CObalt327 credit