Holley 650 DP - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 04:44 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Holley 650 DP

Just wondering if someone has some info/links on Holley jet bore sizes. I have what i think is a 67 main jet from the primary side of this new stock standard Holley. From some data i found on the web the inside or bore size of the 67 should be .068" but when i tried to check the size of the 67 using a .068 " gauge drill it was far too large to go through the jet . It may be around .064 or .065".
My question is are there different series of jets for cruisng and racing as the series i found on the net are 122-67, diameter .068" .from "Ken's Speed Machine"
The way this 347 starts from cold with choke needed for about 4to 5 minutes and the odd crackle/backfire looks like its on the lean side of normal with 12 degrees of initial timing.
Cheers from downunda
Al.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6240063.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	56319  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Google "Tunnel Ram 406"

Last photo:

http://tgsperformance.com/holley.htm
Old 06-24-2011, 05:58 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the link. Yes the 650 i have is correctly jetted according to the mumbers stamped on the jet. I found some comment that Holley jets need pin sizing as they are all over the place from new. So that would explain why the 67 jet i have is not .068 in bore size. To make it standard i will pin drill it and try it again before i change for a richer jet.
Cheers
Al.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:31 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Mustang Al.
Thanks for the link. Yes the 650 i have is correctly jetted according to the mumbers stamped on the jet. I found some comment that Holley jets need pin sizing as they are all over the place from new. So that would explain why the 67 jet i have is not .068 in bore size. To make it standard i will pin drill it and try it again before i change for a richer jet.
Cheers
Al.
The number actually represents what the jet flows- not necessarily the diameter of the hole in the jet, although they can be close to one another.

You may even find that a jet could flow less after being drilled out- something to consider when you go to modifying jet sizes. The length of the orifice along w/the inlet and outlet chamfer angles and finish are very important to what a jet flows, as well.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:10 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
The number actually represents what the jet flows- not necessarily the diameter of the hole in the jet, although they can be close to one another.

You may even find that a jet could flow less after being drilled out- something to consider when you go to modifying jet sizes. The length of the orifice along w/the inlet and outlet chamfer angles and finish are very important to what a jet flows, as well.
HI 327
Yes that makes sense as some jets are relieved or tapered into the final bore size i think for increasing flow rate for whatever application.
The 67 jet should have a diameter of .068" according to Holley and the ones i have which are new are around .064,.065" so i am going to drill them out to .068 and see what happens. I have bought a 1/4 32tpi die so i will use my small lathe and turn up some spares and play around with size and shape. I have an air'fuel ratio meter so some guess work will be eliminated.
Cheers from downunda
Al

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.