Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley 850 CFM Vacuum Secondaries.. PITA..!!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 03:26 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldknock
Try the short yellow spring. I have a 750 with that spring on a 400 small block and it's wide open at 5200 rpm. No bog at all.

Larry
Heh Larry..

Yeah But....... ... The White is the lightest..and I want them suckers open way before 5200. The max RPM on the 502 is 5500 RPM's. The MSD Rev Limiter is set for 5200.There's gotta be a way to get the secondaries open sooner then they are.

I mean...you read the instructions...you buy the top cover kit... then you buy the spring kit. It says ..use the spring that causes a bog then work up from their.

Ok I did all that..and the POS carb still won't do what it's suposed too. Then people tell you ..take out the check ball in the housing ..some tell you ...cut the spring....Holley Tech Guy says's noooooooooooooooooo..!!!! don't you dare do that it's wrong.!!!!!

It'll Blah ..Blah ...Blah... So what's all this tell you..... It tells me GMPP should have gone to Edelbrock and had them flow one of there new AVS..(Adjustable Vacuum Secondaries) Carbs for the 502..instead of this leaky POS that's on my 502 now.

If I wasn't so lazzy.. I'd but an Edelbrock and Flow one for my ride. But that would take alot of time and Jet changes to do. At least if I wanted to adjust the secondaries all I would need is a screwdriver.. .. Not a bunch of freaken springs and covers and....still the POS won't work...

I feel better now that I Ranted this off my chest.

Thanks for listening..

Maybe I'll email Holley and dump on them.....