Holley Carb Brass Float Adjustment - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2006, 09:30 PM
72NOVA454

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Holley Carb Brass Float Adjustment

Help

I'm rebuilding my Holley 750 (list 3310-6) vacuum secondary - model 4160. It has the front mounted floats for both bowls. I bought the rebuild kit with new needle/seat assemblies and a bunch of other stuff. The secondary side went in perfect and adjusted the float perfectly. the primary side is giving me trouble. It has a brass float. I cannot get the needle/seat adjusting nut to a point where the float is properly adjusted. the dry float adjustment is made with the bowl inverted, and the float hanging there. the needle/seat is adjusted until the float is in the center of the bowl. I can't even get mine close. the needle is not even touching the tab on the float hinge. why is that. I have the adjusting nut dialed all the way in, and the brass float seems in perfect condition with the tab looking like a normaly factory looking tab. what gives? am I supposed to be using a longer needle/seat combo? thanks.

Lee

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Last photo:

There are needle and seat combinations that are longer. It is possible you have the wrong kit. Can you bend the tab enough to get some adjustment?

Vince
Old 04-14-2006, 09:02 PM
72NOVA454

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302/Z28
There are needle and seat combinations that are longer. It is possible you have the wrong kit. Can you bend the tab enough to get some adjustment?

Vince
Vince

nevermind. I'm an idiot. I kept messing with it knowing it must be something I am doing wrong. sure enough it was. The adjusting nut on the needle assembly was stuck on the threads and not allowing me to adjust it further with my fingers. I finally put a couple drops of oil on there and used a 5/8" wrench instead of my fingers and got the thing to move in a couple more threads. that's all it took. Ok, like the rest of you have never done something stupid before right..............? at least I admit it.

Lee

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.