Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley carb - Float bowl adjustment
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 06:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsongrass1
Get a real holley N&S. I hate the knock offs.

Look to see if you are running out of adjustment from the float tang bending.

Adjusting the secondary side while running...you will need to wait untill the eccess fuel is burnt off before the level will drop. If you don't have four corner idle then it never drop while at idling.

I'm using genuine holley N&S, floats

Took the carb off the car and removed the bowls. Switched the primary n&s to the secondary and vice versa (as BG Tech suggested). I then set the floats dry but I also took a good look at the brass float in the secondary and i didnt like how little adjustment I had (for lowering the fuel level). The brass floats dont have a tang to be bent so I switched back to the Nitrowhatever float and bent the tang up. this float was not the factory float but a new one I had
I also set the fuel pressure to 5psi apposed to the 6-7psi I had before.

I got the engine running and had to raise the primary float a bit, secondary looked good just at the bottom of the plug... then tuned it. By this time the secondary bowl filled to about mid way and the garage was full of eye burning exhaust from being to rich at start up.