Hot Rod Forum banner

Holley Carb. Question

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  crusherdbuzz 
#1 ·
I just got done rebuilding a holley 4160 600cfm vac. secondary carb. I havn't gotten it on the car yet, but before I was going to I noticed something weird. There is only a vacuum line for the dist. advance. I cannot find any other fittings for things such as pcv or power brake booster. I am not a huge expert in carbs, but I cannot find the vacuum ports anywhere on the baseplate and/or entire carb. The only one is on the primary metering block which is for the dist. adv. Is it possible the carb is so hold that it does not have these built in? I purchased it from someone in the local greensheet for 15 bucks. The list number stamped on the mainbody of the carb is 1850-1 1717. It was rebuilt with a holley rebuild kit etc. Am I looking in the wrong spots or does it not have these built it when it was made. If it was not built it when the carb was made the only other thing I can figure out is to take off the intake and drill/tap a line for my pcv / brake booster. This was my first carb rebuild, I hope it runs well when it's put in the car.

THanks in Advance,
Dennis

#2 ·
The 1850 is an inexpensive yet effective carb.

Most intake manifolds have provisions for vacuum accessories. What kind of intake do you have?

If you chose not to drill it, you might find a carb spacer plate that has provisions for vacuum lines. Check Jegs, Summit, or others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.