Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley carb questions.
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Holley carb questions.

The carb in question is a Holley 8007 390cfm. I got this used and outside of missing the electric choke, which I replaced with the manual conversion, it appears as if it were used for a very short time. I've rebuilt it using the Holley kit.

Now the questions:

1st question: How critical is the leveling a Holley carb? The my Holley is slightly higher in the front than the rear and even though I have the rear float bowl float set slightly lower than the front, it seems to still drip ever so lightly from the booster on the side of the needle.

2nd question: Do inclines affect the fuel levels in the bowls as you are driving up or down them? My driveway isn't real steep, but does have a 20 degree incline proceeded by a ramped curb. Would this be why I see the fuel in the secondary?

3rd question: How sensitive to heat from the engine are the float bowls? I've read a couple posts about heat shields. I've got material that I can fabricate a shield if that would help with the 1st question.

Thanks for the help.