Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - holley carborater issues
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 06:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

problem starting

it has been running fine for the past 2 weeks and for the past few days every once in awhile when it starts cold it bogs down when hard acceleration and goes away once it warms up and now it wont start. it turns over and sputters rough. i hope its not timing. it is raining now so i will have to wait to check the coil afterwards. it would start up without touching the gas pedal before.

to be honest it started to do that when i had to replace the battery and altinator. it all started from there. then starter. maybe theres not enough power and a full night of charging hopefully might help. Since there is a new battery and alltinator what do i need for the hei to run propperly? my plastic visa is starting to melt from the friction of slides in the machine. what would be the best solution, to replace all of the ignition system with.... ? i will have to replace bits and pieces eventually why not do the whole thing at once, prevenitive maintance i suppose.