Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - holley carborater issues
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 10:03 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

hi

i am lost again. starter will not even start and when you turn the key power shuts off. all wires are tight and connected properly. i do not have a horn relay but checking everything with a volt meter and trying to pin down were the problem is. external regulater has power going threw it, starter has power at both terminals. HEI has 12.4 volts. ignition good on one side. (me thinking out loud)

i cannot find where the other red wire goes from the ignition. before when you turned the key to ON position the generator light would come on but now it does not. also there is no fusable link. the ignition works due to bridging the gap when you turn the key it power dies. have not changed the distributer position and it has no coil. it runs from starter cyliniod to HEI directly. i must have fried something, just cannot figure out what. all fuses are good. what could it be because im getting tired of riding my motorcycle in the rain. thanks