Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley choke set screw
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 10:20 PM
Short changed on common sense

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by Pony
Did you get a chance to mess with th choke yet?
A little. I have been pretty busy this week so I have only been able to make small adjustments. I went with one turn out on the screw and my at least now the choke isn't binding up. The choke is opening up way too fast. It will fast idle for about a second and then returns to idle. I think the choke plate is opening up, but I haven't watched it yet. I am just guessing from what it sounds like in the driver's seat.

I am going to look at the thermostat's bimetal coil and see if there are any issues.

Does anyone know if you can adjust the amount of choke pull off from the set screw that I originally started this post about?

Quote:
Originally posted by WICKEDFAB
bb are too heavy and too$$$$

i can build a killer smallblock for cheap compared to a bb.....

would be sweet tho hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........
Quit screwing around. Loosen up the sphincter, (don't be such a tight ***). You have done everything there is to do with a normally aspirated small block. Why don't you build something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2469444642

Just get some aluminum heads and a nice block. New front springs shouldn't be too much for the '69.

Last edited by lluciano77; 08-05-2004 at 10:20 PM.