Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley discharge nozzles
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 08:20 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the advice everyone. I tried to adjust the accelerator linkage again. Holley states it should be .015 clearance at WOT. I had slightly more than that and readjusted, but not sure if that amount would make a difference. I'll take it out today and see what happened. I'm running a 289, Mellings cam 480 lift 282 duration, 9.5 to 1 pistions, 351 W heads, Edelbrock intake, Sanderson headers to 2.5 pipes with Flowmasters. I don't know the weight of the vehicle but it's in a 56 Ford F100. I'm over 200, but on a diet. I saw an article on Ford Muscle, and they stated that the stock nozzles are worthless and 99% need to be changed. They recommended a good combination of 35 in primary and 35 secondary. I thought that was odd, but maybe they know something we don't? I know I need change the gears in the rear also. I'm running 2.75's for the highway cruise and have a C4 transmission. I've got a set of 3.50 which I use to have but highway was horrible. Use to tach at 3200 rpm at 60. May have to put them back in.