Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley Dominator flange pattern
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 07:04 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I run the 850's because blower drive service recommended them for a 460bbc. I would talk to hampton or bds and get the recommended carb size but I figure two 750's or 800's. If you are buying the carbs new I would suggest you talk to rupert racing. The prices are pretty good and you wont have to spend all that time chasing the tune up. Thats worth a lot by the time you get some used carbs from somone and foul no telling how many plugs and go thru bowl gaskets and a lot of time. I'm pretty cheap and like to do things myself but I dont plan on ever trying to guess on the blower tune up again. On the cam I started with the bds recommendation's. I pasted these from their site.
(The lobe center of the cam will play an important role in determining the performance characteristics of an engine. Wide lobe centers (112 to 114 degrees etc.) will create higher cylinder pressure providing more horsepower with cooler burning fuel such as alcohol and methanol. We have found 110 lobe centers to produce the best overall power on gasoline.
Whatever cam you choose, make sure that it will operate and perform properly in the RPM range required for your application.)
I will also paste the link to the bds recommendation page.
http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/recommend.php