Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Engine (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/engine/)
-   -   Holley Dominator II Intake (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/holley-dominator-ii-intake-190646.html)

Brandonion1985 01-12-2011 07:10 PM

Holley Dominator II Intake
 
Are these pretty good intakes to use with Holley carburetors on a 327 Chevy? Bought a Edelbrock performer intake few years back and didn't look at it much, just noticed its for spreadbore carbs and will not work without adapter plate. Was just wondering if anyone knew much about Dominator II intakes for street driving, performance ect.

matts37chev 01-12-2011 07:31 PM

i dont know much about the holley
my standard answer is, get a edelbrock perfomer "RPM air gap"
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...r_gap-sb.shtml

Brandonion1985 01-12-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matts37chev
i dont know much about the holley
my standard answer is, get a edelbrock perfomer "RPM air gap"
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...r_gap-sb.shtml

I found someone who has the holley one was looking to trade one I got for it. Just was wondering if anyone has used them. Heard air gaps are good too, will look into those also

matts37chev 01-12-2011 08:09 PM

strip dominator or street dominator?

Brandonion1985 01-12-2011 08:12 PM

Pretty sure its the street version dual plane intake.

matt167 01-12-2011 08:17 PM

If the P/N is 300-36 then it is pretty much the same as the 302 CI Z/28 manifold and would be about perfect for the 327.. They have been called Contenders also, but also Street Dominator II. P/N 300-36 has always remained

matts37chev 01-12-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonion1985
Pretty sure its the street version dual plane intake.

that would be good - do it, trade is always a great price :thumbup:

Brandonion1985 01-12-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matts37chev
that would be good - do it, trade is always a great price :thumbup:

I think it is that one will have to ask part number here are a few pics if that helps id it, thanks again guys :D

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...eb/Car/in3.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...eb/Car/in2.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...eb/Car/in1.jpg

matts37chev 01-12-2011 09:03 PM

i think that would be ok
i think you could do better with the RPM Air Gap
but that "trade" price is hard to beat :D

matt167 01-12-2011 09:20 PM

could be the 300-64 but the pic is blury http://www.holley.com/300-64.asp

DoubleVision 01-13-2011 03:00 AM

I don`t know why that comes up so much. Even so the Edelbrock performer is a Spread bore design, it has dual bolt patterns to accept both Square and spread bore carbs. A holley or Eddy carb will bolt right on and it don`t need a adapter plate. All it needs is the thin metal plate inbetween two gaskets that assures it covers the opening where the plenum spreads out for a spread bore carb.

Brandonion1985 01-13-2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleVision
I don`t know why that comes up so much. Even so the Edelbrock performer is a Spread bore design, it has dual bolt patterns to accept both Square and spread bore carbs. A holley or Eddy carb will bolt right on and it don`t need a adapter plate. All it needs is the thin metal plate inbetween two gaskets that assures it covers the opening where the plenum spreads out for a spread bore carb.

Bore pattern looks different to me. Here is a link to the manifold I have
http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=470

matts37chev 01-13-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleVision
I don`t know why that comes up so much. Even so the Edelbrock performer is a Spread bore design, it has dual bolt patterns to accept both Square and spread bore carbs. A holley or Eddy carb will bolt right on and it don`t need a adapter plate. All it needs is the thin metal plate inbetween two gaskets that assures it covers the opening where the plenum spreads out for a spread bore carb.

i always forget that those intakes are dual bolt pattern allowing the use of both style carbs

you can use that intake :spank:

Brandonion1985 01-13-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matts37chev
i always forget that those intakes are dual bolt pattern allowing the use of both style carbs

you can use that intake :spank:

Do I need to get anything special for it? Also is that Holley one better for a 327 or are they about the same?

matt167 01-13-2011 11:13 AM

without a part number were shooting in the dark. if it is the 300-64, it only fits '87-'95 heads. if it's the 300-36 then it's probably a better intake, but it's name was more commonly called the Holley Contender.. Performer will certinly work good for a street car, but as designed it is 1 step up from an OEM cast 4bbl intake


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.