Hot Rod Forum banner

Holley DP float issues

836 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cdminter59 
#1 · (Edited)
Not sure what is causing this, but it's annoying. Once in a while, my float level goes up and floods the carb to where it stalls and is difficult to restart. I also smell gas and gas comes out of the carb onto the manifold. This doesn't happen all the time. For the most part the engine runs and idles nice and only periodically will the float act up and then go back to normal????. I've replaced the needle and seat and the floats are adjusted to proper height. It's the primary float only. Any suggestions on how to fix or what to look for?

#4 ·
I'm running a mechanical pump with about 5 lbs fuel pressure. It ran fine for several years and recently started acting up even though I replaced the needle and seat. I'm running a fram canister filter which is on the frame and it connects to hard tubing (not rubber). I may replace the filter cartridge and take the needle and seat out again and blow it out with carb cleaner. The part I'm confused on is it doesn't do it all the time, and then it fixes itself and starts acting up again. Maybe it's a female carburator? LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.