Thread: holley help pls
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
"Yah, was on 496 with a large by huge cam in it lol. How did you know my hammer of choice is generally sledge in variaty.....did this old pic give it away?"

no,any 300 pound guy with any hammer is dangerous,lol...
what model carb? Im guessing 4781?
Nah, just a little 4779
But it is old and crusty, linkages all move nice, other then the stuck metering blocks it looks OK, I ordered a rebuild kit today, will bring to the shop tommorow and soak it till Friday, then rebuild it over the weekend. My rockers came in today, I finally got a tracking number for my heads so they may show up Fri or Mon, I still need intake gaskets, and exhaust gaskets, and once I get the heads on will measure for pushrods, if i get lucky and need +.100 like pro-filer tells me then i have a set here, and if not will have to order. Oh and head bolts, keep forgetting those and it irratates me spending 100$ bucks on them lol....ah well. I got lucky and picked up a brand new perf rpm still in the box for $100 bucks, so I can shelve the grungy used one i have. That's about it, I have the front suspension out now as I trimmed a quarter coil off the front on Sunday, then it got cold here again so i haven't put it back together yet. So should be a busy weekend if it warms up....yes, I know im rambling....haven't had much car talk lately and I'm getting excited to get it all together......