Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley off idle backfire problem
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I got a new set of metering blocks coming in the mail for my quick fuel carb. Its not the original blocks as they are not for sale by quick fuel but they are for vacuum secondary carbs 600-750 so I am going to try a few more things and if it does not work then I am putting it on and see how it goes. I have compared both carbs and the quick fuel carb tower has smaller air bleeds by a small number so it had not only a richer fuel curve but richer air bleed size as well. The idle was way richer then my holley but I never had any backfire problems or stumbles as it ran like a charm. Metering block got stuck and no matter how much I tapped it with a rubber mallet I could not get it off. So from user error I tried a small screwdriver to pry it off and well I ended up breaking the timed port tube off and gouged the block across the sealing line I learned that's not a good way to do this. Lesson learned. I can't make my holley air bleeds any difference as they are not screw in type but the quick fuel carb has all that stuff.
Eric