Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley off idle backfire problem
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:52 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sure Was lg1969. I tried original initial setting with vacuum advance hooked up to full manifold and with ported and it did not make any difference either way and added some extra timing and tried both ways and it still did not work right. It was up at my dad's house over the weekend and he thought it must be close and maybe I tried too much but not enough so he adjusted the initial a hair at a time till he got it just perfect and it only needed just a few more degrees but any more then that and it caused its own problems but he tried with full manifold vacuum and it for some reason was too much so put on timed and walla it works perfect and has real nice throttle response and responds nice and quick. I was only off about 4 degrees give or take. I tried adding more then that and it did not help as it was too much and caused other issues. Hard to believe just a few degrees too much or too little can make that much of a difference but this was a learning lesson for me that's for sure. Thanks guys
Eric