Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley Running Rich
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 12:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver00V6
Ok well got my 80508s Holley Vac Secondary going good. It was a timing issue cuasing the heistation and some other problems. I have the base timing set at 20 degrees with the vac advance unplugged. its 30 with the advance plugged up. and timing with the advance unplugged is all in at 38 degrees at 3000 rpm. The hesitation is gone but at idle its rich. I have rebuilt the carb as my last thread. It has 70 jets on the primary and a 21 plate on the seconday. The power valve is a 6.5. I can not figure out any way to get this thing not to run rich at idle. its fine everywhere else but idle. I did notice that when I turn in the idle screws that only the right one will kill the motor when turned all the way in. The left on does not kill or even effect the idle in any way when turned in. Any help is appriciated. Im tired of smelling like gas and having burning eyes with the car at idle and im stumped. I have the tuning dvd and 2 Holley books but none really tell about a rich idle and what to do.
What is the cam?

Bogie