Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley Running Rich
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 08:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver00V6
read above my vac with the advance plugged up is 30 degrees. Both primay and secondary butterlfies are closed. the only idle screw that will kill the motor when going lean is the passenger side the driver side will do nothing but will go rich if you turn it out. I have tried the wire thing in the idle feed restrictors and it is still rich smelling. Float level and everything else is correct. I have had this rich idle problem since the day this carb was taken out of the box. I bought it brand new threw summit 2 years ago
I remember going down this road before, I'd say you're at the point where there must be a high probability that there is a manufacturing error in this carb, the solution is either in piecing new parts into it like a new metering block, or replacing it entirely.

Many years ago I had a Holley 3 barrel, wow does that age me or what, that thing never ran right. I rebuilt and replaced major parts on it and never solved the problems, the venturi body and throttle section finally ended up in the recycle barrel. The metering plates and float bowls went on to live in other Holley's.

Bogie