Hot Rod Forum banner

holley street avenger

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KJ 
#1 ·
i'm considering buying a 650 holley street avenger and before i buy it i would like to know if there are any advantages or disadvantages

#2 ·
Alex.....I have dealt with HOLLEY carbs for a few years (I have NOT touched a street aveger however).
Personaly I do not like Holley carbs..they have let me down in the past. Same goes for the Edelbrock carbs.
I like (they cost a little more) BG carbs.
BG has yet to let me down.
But if your carb is to do LIGHT DUTY ..... the holley will more then likley do just fine.

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: novass ]

#3 ·
First off it's a 670 not a 650. 2nd I have a Holley Street Avenger 670cfm on my Corvette. I like it alot, the performance has been great, and it really was basically a bolt on and go thing. I happen to like Holley and have never had problems with them. I also have a Holley on my Camaro. The corvette is a show car so I don't mess around with it. I have a second Street Avenger, still in the box, here at home that I could probably get to you for less than what you would pay, if your interested. I work at a performance parts store so I get good deals. I bought the second one for my camaro but have decided just to garage it til next year before starting the restoration on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.