Holley Street Dominator Intake - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2005, 10:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Holley Street Dominator Intake

is it any good??? Is it good enough for $50??? I'm planning on sticking it on my pretty mild 350 (soon to be 383, she just doesnt know ). Right now i'm just using "Hecho en Mexico" heads but i have a set of Fuelie heads that need rebuilt. (By the way anyone have a clue on these? They read 93417369 on the tags and yes it is a "9" not a "3" and have "Hecho en Mexico" in the valley). Ive got a holley dominator 750cfm carb and a carter comp series 850 cfm. or maybe i should just go get a edelbrock intake. ???

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2005, 11:00 PM

intake

Ive used them before and worked good. I dont post much and your going to hear some bigshots say buy a new victor or air gap etc. and you will have to find out for your self. You got the intake; try it see how it works for you! unless you got money to burn I think youll be satisfied. Your not going to gain a $300 difference in my opinion. It will go fast enough and smooth enough.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by solamisandwich
is it any good??? Is it good enough for $50??? I'm planning on sticking it on my pretty mild 350 (soon to be 383, she just doesnt know ). Right now i'm just using "Hecho en Mexico" heads but i have a set of Fuelie heads that need rebuilt. (By the way anyone have a clue on these? They read 93417369 on the tags and yes it is a "9" not a "3" and have "Hecho en Mexico" in the valley). Ive got a holley dominator 750cfm carb and a carter comp series 850 cfm. or maybe i should just go get a edelbrock intake. ???

What is the part number? Holley has called 3 very different SBC manifolds "Street Dominator" over the years. The 300-38 which is nothing more than an aluminum copy of a factory iron manifold, the 300-36 which is basically a copy of the old Z/28 high rise and an EXCELLENT all around manifold and the 300-19 (IIRC) which is a cross between an old Streetmaster/Torker style single plane and is "ok". The two dual planes have both also been called Contender at one time or another and the 300-36 Z/28 clone has also been called Street Dominator II. Very confusing, especially if you weren't around back in the 70's when they were first released. $50 is about the average price for a nice used 300-36 so I'm guessing that's the one you have and like I said it is an excellent all purpose intake. If you don't have that one find one, it's every bit as good as a Performer RPM below 6,000 and gives up very little to the RPM above that. They sell on eBay for an average of $50, I got one for $40 and $8 shipping a few months ago.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:39 AM

Last photo:

You will have to modify the center intake bolt holes to use the intake on the "Hecho" heads.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:40 AM

what do you mean?
Old 12-08-2005, 01:48 PM

Last photo:

Most all "Hecho" heads have been built since the GM/Chevrolet head revision in 87. When the angle of the center four intake bolts was changed. Most of the Holley intakes were produced for the pre 87 intake bolt patterns.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.