Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - holly carb
Thread: holly carb
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 09:18 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yes, just got it. the engine was a new rebild about eight yeas ago. No one had the slightest idea what was done. I got it at the right price so I took a chance. When I got the truck,[1969], I didn't have a lot of $$ to spend on. The engine was sitting in truck,no wires,moter mounts not bolted,and the carb was just sitting on top.Out of my garage I put it together with stuff I had, even welded my own dual fuel line,it had rubber hose all over it. I even made my own air cleaner standoff from a folgers coffee can and vacume line. I wanted to know a little about what was done,so I pulled the engine and on the stand pulled the oil pan. There was no oil in every thing was dry and tight. The crank was marked 10 over on mains and rods.Also it was,[by the numbers a 1969 327 or 350 block].In any case it was a two bolt main block. Not having a lot of $$ I just checked the touqe on each and put back. Wanted to pull heads but didn't want to buy head gaskets, bolts were tourqed good.The heads are 194's. All I wanted to do with this truck was to go get stuff with it, Not spend a lot on mony that I need for my other project,a 62 chevy stepside. That's my story and if I knew how, I would show pics. but I only know how to put them on my prfile. Hay, thanks for all the help, Im new to site and hope to be on a lot without to many dumb questions.