Hot Rod Forum banner

Home made gear stick.

8K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  matts37chev 
#1 ·
Because of the electric revers lock out I welded a thin pipe along the edge of the stick, to route the wire thru.

Updates will come.

See less See more
#8 ·
The one above reminds me a little of the Hurst 'pistol grip'? I think it was made w/about a 45º forward cant to it, though.

OT- I have some knuckles that I had thought about making into a shifter, but they're not particularly comfortable to use as a shifter, so I ditched the idea.

Was the Mopar 'slap stick' auto shifter different from a pistol grip? A friend in FL had one years ago but I cannot recall what it was like.

#9 ·
The wood is brich from my area. I make my own firewood every year and the stick on the photo was taken aside 5-6 years ago, because I saw the beatiful "flame brich" (as we call it here) pattern in the wood.

I know the top of the Mopar pistol grips are a bit forward pointing, but my gear stick will be a bit long, so bending it forward wouldn't have made for a very comfortable grip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.