honeing problems - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2012, 06:53 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
Jester, I agree that if this was a DD grocery getter that he could probably get by OK by working around the sand pocket/inclusion deal (and both you guys gave good advice), but you can't know what you don't know, since he just now mentioned this is going to be raced somehow. Just don't want you thinking I was being an ***.

I didn't think that at all cobalt, But I should have guessed when he said he had the balancing done!

Chris

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence41
I stuck it in a CK10 n punched it .030 n redone the valves,heads n lined bored it n gave it back to him,he put it in a 78 Camaro for his son

Florence: ???? I myself have no Idea of what you wrote means or pertains to on this thread /You have to elaborate a little more please!!

Jester
Old 03-13-2012, 08:55 PM

Last journal entry: fish carb
Last photo:

Man this is gettin out o hand n changes by the minute
If this is a race engine dont do what I said,or youll be runnin over your own parts
I didnt know what u meant by 'power outers" either , I now see u meant power adders.
Good tranlation by Jester
And what is the quote I made about the CK10 all about?
That makes no sense! to me
Anyway nobody still knows if its a race engine or not
I think he got some very good advice here,I know at least me n Jester have done this before on street motors!
And I guess I really cant assume that "a season" means a racing season,after all some people north dont run their hotrods in the winter anyway
It would be nice if the OP would clarify this
So I guess at this point everybody was right and everybody was wrong!
Man what a world!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:58 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence41
I stuck it in a CK10 n punched it .030 n redone the valves,heads n lined bored it n gave it back to him,he put it in a 78 Camaro for his son
What????
weirdest post I ever seen!
Makes me laugh!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwrench
What????
weirdest post I ever seen!
Makes me laugh!
This pos is a spammer- hit "quote" like you were going to respond to his (its?) post, and you'll see the tracking gizmo it's using to spy/spam or whatever you want to call it.

BTW, I reported this as spam already but no one's removed it. He has several more spammer posts.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester
Florence: ???? I myself have no Idea of what you wrote means or pertains to on this thread /You have to elaborate a little more please!! Jester
When a new member comes in copy/pasting other peoples posts like this guy, they're spammers putting out feelers. Florence's I.P. is from "CHINA, GUANGDONG, CHAOYANG", he has not idea what he means, and won't elaborate....he's banned.

Midnight Sun Street Rod Association
Old 03-14-2012, 12:13 AM

Last photo:

ok, im gonna try and clear a few things up, i have read and considered your opinions. i cant do qoutes for some reason so i dont have names to respond to.
the pic that was posted didnt have a finish hone done. i ashure you there is a proper cross hatch on it now. as to the question of weather or not the engine will be raced, this will be going in a show car, there will be some street raceing stop light to stop light or stop light jumping as some call it, but will not be seeing the track. as for the mechanist in question i did do some checking with another mechanist and did decide to go with a different one, and he aldo stated that it would be ok for a season of what i plan to do with it, and yes i live up north so a season would only be max 4-6 months. he also stated to disassemble the heads and check for damage to check for damage. and also stated the worst thing that could happen would be to mess up the cylinder wich in all rights needs to be be bored or re sleeved. the old machenist did work for nascar at one point has has credentials to prove it. but due to the price and shifty practices i decided to go somewhere else. as for the molly ring thing, that was a pure dip**** move on my part not to reasearch this when he stated it before i posted. and thanks for the schooling. eather way im going to put the engine together and see what happens. its 50/50 on what will happen i figure that i cant really do much raceing any how due to break in times on the rings and bearings. so im hopeing that this clears some things up. and im still open to advice
Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 AM

Last photo:

oh and i am sorry for the confusion about the power adders thing, i dont beleive in them. so i guess im not up on the terminology. i beleive in old school mods to make your car fast. not bolt on hp. sorry if this might offend anyone im just restoreing a vintage car and im sticking with old school practices with the modern advantages of reliability.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfreak1976
oh and i am sorry for the confusion about the power adders thing, i dont beleive in them. so i guess im not up on the terminology. i beleive in old school mods to make your car fast. not bolt on hp. sorry if this might offend anyone im just restoreing a vintage car and im sticking with old school practices with the modern advantages of reliability.
Old skools cool

I build old skool : Jester
Old 03-14-2012, 04:21 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester
Old skools cool

I build old skool : Jester
No "power outers" just kidding...
No power adders for me either,Im old school too!
Blowers n turbos ok but no nitrous for me!
And I guess real nitro if running a fuel class.
I have had the pleasure to mingle with some of the most knowlegable people I have come across on this website!
I dont post or look at any other hotrodding website but this one!
Yall have a nice day.
Al
Old 03-15-2012, 02:02 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfreak1976
ok, im gonna try and clear a few things up, i have read and considered your opinions. i cant do qoutes for some reason so i dont have names to respond to.
the pic that was posted didnt have a finish hone done. i ashure you there is a proper cross hatch on it now. as to the question of weather or not the engine will be raced, this will be going in a show car, there will be some street raceing stop light to stop light or stop light jumping as some call it, but will not be seeing the track. as for the mechanist in question i did do some checking with another mechanist and did decide to go with a different one, and he aldo stated that it would be ok for a season of what i plan to do with it, and yes i live up north so a season would only be max 4-6 months. he also stated to disassemble the heads and check for damage to check for damage. and also stated the worst thing that could happen would be to mess up the cylinder wich in all rights needs to be be bored or re sleeved. the old machenist did work for nascar at one point has has credentials to prove it. but due to the price and shifty practices i decided to go somewhere else. as for the molly ring thing, that was a pure dip**** move on my part not to reasearch this when he stated it before i posted. and thanks for the schooling. eather way im going to put the engine together and see what happens. its 50/50 on what will happen i figure that i cant really do much raceing any how due to break in times on the rings and bearings. so im hopeing that this clears some things up. and im still open to advice
No harm/no foul. Considering how it will be used, there's no harm I can see in running it w/the inclusion, other than the chance it could use a little oil/smoke a touch and there could be a chance of detonation in that cylinder if tuned on the edge.

So IMHO if you take it easy on the tune and don't run it hard, I see no other problems.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:50 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
No harm/no foul. Considering how it will be used, there's no harm I can see in running it w/the inclusion, other than the chance it could use a little oil/smoke a touch and there could be a chance of detonation in that cylinder if tuned on the edge.

So IMHO if you take it easy on the tune and don't run it hard, I see no other problems.
just talked to my new machenest today, while dropping off some parts. he noticed the damage to the number one cylinder, and said that it is not a inclusion that it was caused by rust. he said that running it in any way wouldnt harm anything. said that i wouldnt even notice a problem probly wouldnt even smoke or burn any oil. and also said that there is other blocks that are running power adders with the same thing with no problems, althou sleeving it would probly be the only way to completly get rid of it.
just thought that id post what i found out.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.