Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is this hood ornament actual worth big bucks?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,074 Times in 958 Posts
That show is entertainment, pure and simple. I see many, many things on there that I question let alone KNOW is wrong. But all in all it is an entertaining show that I regularly watch. I think the guys are pretty solid gentlemen and I enjoy the show.

As I said before if one doesn't KNOW what it is they are peeing in the wind. When I see the crazy numbers for stuff! Look at an air cleaner, a 69 Camaro two barrel air cleaner, what's it worth, five bucks? How about a 69 Z crossram air cleaner, that is it worth, $2500? How about a 53 Chevy tail light, what is it worth, ten bucks? While a 53 Corvette one is worth about $400. How about a complete 32 Oldsmobile sedan dashboard, what's it worth, 20-30 bucks? What is a 32 Ford Three window dash worth, $1500-$2500?

Just checked eBay completed auctions. Similar vintage hood ornaments have sold for everywhere from $1 to $590. This is SOLD for not asking, in the dept there were a few in the $2000 range that didn't sell. But there were a heck of a lot that went for $300 to $500, a LOT of them.

Until you find out what it is and do some research into it's value you have only a wild guess which is worthless.

Brian