Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hood and trunk alignment tip, for you pros too!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:41 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
I put a really thick shim so that it would drastically lower the hood. If I wanted to align it properly it would have been thinner. You can use a washer too, that way it wouldn't look so funky.

Brian
Your absolutly right shims do look funky.but the true pros would bend the hinge or the mounting surface to bring it up...If I wanted to lower that corner I would simply push the hood open a little farther than it wants to go.(bending both just a little)...OR if the corner is to low I would stick a piece of wood between the hinge and CLOSE the hood a little more than it wants to go .....works every time....kinda like fixing a sprung door.....when I see shims I see inexperianced help doing cobbled up repairs,especially in a car that shouldnt have ANY ,repaired or not....I guess back when shims were used at the factory to get panels to fit,they were exceptable to most but not now days.Sorry Brian I just cant go along with this one its like someone showing off a duplicolor paint job and recomending everyone use it.....
The Following User Says Thank You to deadbodyman For This Useful Post:
tech69 (09-12-2012)