Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hood and trunk alignment tip, for you pros too!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Heathen

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
YES that would raise the hood.

But hold on here, what kind of car are you talking about? If it's an older car you don't need to do this, you need to "rotate" the hinge back to lower the hood. This lowers it MUCH, MUCH more than simply pushing the hinges down.

Brian
Well I get to bring this thread back to life. I said I would try this in a couple of days and get back to you. Looking back I see I said that on January 13 of this year......and I finally, two days ago, got to the point in my first ever paint job of aligning the hood. Turns out the learning curve was steeper than I thought But thanks to Brian and his tutorial on hood alignment the passenger side too high and the driver side too low problem that has bugged me for years is solved, and it was easy, too! It only took an 1/8" shim at the forward bolt of the passenger hinge and a 1/16" shim at the aft bolt of the driver hinge and the hood closed perfectly. Many thanks Brian, you took the struggle out of that issue!!