Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hood and trunk alignment tip, for you pros too!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,013 Posts
Thanks so much for the kind words. I don't get a big head as much as I get a big heart when I hear that I have helped someone get something done!

I have a saying for people in a retail business;

When dealing with the public there are two rules.
1. The public is full of a bunch of ignorant morons.
2. I am one of them!

When we are "out of our element" we look pretty stupid to the professional. You have to treat everyone who comes in to have their car fixed as you would want to be treated going somewhere for something that you know nothing about. In my case the first thing that pops in my head is buying a computer or computer components! There is no one that could look more like an ignorant moron than me when talking about computers.

Recently I installed the convertible top on my car, I knew NOTHING about this subject and I looked pretty dumb asking the questions of the experts. But with their help, with them taking the time to explain things to me (sometimes over and over) I was able to do it. This guy who knew nothing was able to pull off a pretty decent job installing a convertible top! I was reminded as I was doing it what my advice does for others who aren't a professional in my field and yes my heart felt good that I am able to give that same feeling of accomplishment to others as Dan in the interior forum gave to me. There is nothing like being able to do something you didn't know you could do!

Brian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
cyclopsblown34 (09-17-2012), Lizer (09-22-2012)