Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hood and trunk alignment tip, for you pros too!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Z 55 Camaro

Location: Guernsey Sk Canada the greatest country in the world
Wiki Edits: 0

Very good post, i to have an issue with my 78 camaro hood , these i can move rotate in the bolt holes etc but still doesn't sit quite right , i am going to try the shin thing and see what happens .Next problem is my hood doesn't want to stay up on its own , i took hinges off a 86 pariesenne that worked well put them on the camaro and still the hood wants to slowly close . I must say here i lubed the hinges with fluid film and that's when i really started to have issues.In my little pea brain this shouldn't matter cause i've done the same to many a hood and its been all good .Case in point the same camaro with the original hinges ,i put those on the pontiac and they worked perfect . All the other hoods i have lubed were on full size cars so all the hoods were heavy .Sorry to cut in on yr thread but this seems like the thing i'm looking for . Sorry also for the ramble ,later bake