Hot Rod Forum banner

hooker or hedman headers?

15K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Custom10 
#1 · (Edited)
which is better? price isn't much different between the 2. talking full length hooker comp headers and full length direct fit hedman. and pro's con's with the 2?

#27 ·
Hookers get my vote, ran the super comps on my BB nova and 4 biddens on my Harley. the headmans I had on my BB powered shortbed always leaked. The cheapie jegs brand I put on my truck now suck 2, the collector points down at the ground slightly on the passanger side. Old headers were fine, don't remember the brand though.

#28 ·
burnt olds said:
i'm used to the trial and error thing , then put 79 monti carlo ones on , they tuck up higher on a truck and clear more stuff .
I have a 72 C10 and I am going to look into these for my ride as well once my headmans burn out. The headmans I have now are the ones that are listed for my C10 and are the 1-5/8 long tubes with 3" collectors. They fit real well and have plenty of clearance all around but yes they hang down almost 2 inches more than they need to IMO. This is no big deal but looking at the truck from the side you can clearly see them hanging there, also because of this I had to bend my pipes up right off the collector which is also a bit un- sightly. The headmans I have use a ball and socket collector seal, I had to replace both socket ends as they tend to corrode and then leak, some prefer the older style collector with the gasket...something to consider when choosing your headers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.