Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - hopefully last of my paint questions...
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
I have to say, if the paint is not damaged in some way like it has dried out, the lid was left off or something like that there is no reason to do anything different than what is on the tech sheet. If you reduced it, added hardener or what ever as the tech sheet says, it WORKS. Now, you also have to have the proper gun as the tech sheet says, with the tip that the tech sheet says, it WORKS.

Let me put it this way, at the tech school where they teach painters from shops how to use their product, they mix it exactly as it says on the tech sheet. If a paint rep or tech rep goes into a shop to paint something as a demo they mix it exactly as the tech sheet says, and you guessed it, it WORKS.

If you are having problems with how it sprays there is something with your gun, gun set up or air supply that is doing it, not the paint.

Can you sometimes make up for the wrong gun, tip or air supply by over reducing, sure, but you are then entering the world where experience is the tool, and without it you can make some big mistakes.

Brian