Hot Rod Forum banner

horn and dome light fuse keep blowing

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  jon72vega 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys heres my dilema for 3 years not 1 fuse has blown now I keep blowing the horn/dome light fuse when the engine is turned on when I replace it with a 20 amp fuse (thats the one that was in there when i got the car) a small spark comes out of the fuse inlet,it works for about 2 minutes then the darn thing goes again,do I have the right size fuse ,I even tried a 25 amp but to no no avail, I dont know alot about electrical and i dont want to damage the fuse box,
what should i do ,the horns are grounded to the car with 2 power wires leading to them and the dome light works and is in tact before the fuse goes,
I'm so ticked I want to to beat something with a stick uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 · (Edited)
Does it have a separate fuse for the cig. lighter? Most vehicles combine all three functions into this fuse.

Unplug your phone charger, or anything that is plugged into the cig. lighter socket. Replace the fuse, and try it again. If the fuse does not blow there is a short in your phone charger, or whatever was plugged in.

If you have kids, check your lighter socket for foreign metal. I have found a Penny in one before.

#9 · (Edited)
crownver said:
You guys teasing him? C'mon, everyone know's "Bob's your uncle"! No? Means "and there you go", "fait accompli", "done deal", "problem solved".

Sorry, I am 52 and I have never heard of this expression. :thumbup:

Done Deal, and Problem Solved, yes I think I finally understand. Thank You :thumbup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob's_your_uncle
This link does not seem to work. I just Googled bob's your uncle and came up with this.

Still somewhat confused. :D

#11 ·
Blown fuse

Yeah Must be Eh. Gentlemen from the bottom of my heart it means IT WORKED and I thank everyone for it .UP here we know there isn't an actual uncle Sam but we do know who that reffers to,sometimes sarcasim has a way of putting a smile on ones face after having been frustrated over a car that means alot to me and my girls,I've got 3 daughters that think a 4speed V-8 rwd is the only way to drive, sorry if I offended any of you boys,Thanks for your support CROUNVER.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.