Hot Rod Forum banner

Horsepower estimate for me too!

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  68firebirdguy 
#1 ·
Can someone give me an idea of how many horses im pulling on my 350 Pontiac engine with a auto TH-400 trans with a B&M shifter. Engine has a little mild cam and stock heads and everything else internal is stock. All upgrades are bolt on type.

I have the following parts

Edelbrock dual plane performer manifold
1 inch 4- hole Moroso spacer
Holley Street Avenger 670 CFM carb
Holley 110 gph mechanical fuel pump
Edelbrock in line fuel filter
DUI custom H.E.I. distributor
Accel 8.8 mm wires
K&N 14x3 air filter
K&N X-treme air lid
Flowmaster 2 1/4 Exhaust system with 40 series mufflers
Powermaster 60 amp externally regulated alternator
Royal Purple synthetic 5w-30 motor oil
Delco oil filter (i read in a horsepower secret book that these are far better than aftermarket ones like K&N)

See less See more
#3 ·
Im not exactly sure about the specs because when my grandpa got the car 15 years ago when the motor had just been rebuilt the guy that sold it to him didnt really tell him so lets assume the cam thats in the car is a stock replacement. Also the heads are stock 2bbl 350 heads since the engine was originally equipped with a 2bbl carb and they are small and im sure restrictive.

#4 ·
This is just and off the wall guess. 270 at the crank. Take about 35% off that for a rear wheel estimate, TH400's eat up alot of the power thats going to the ground.

If you have any quarter mile times that would really help.

I'm curious whats this horsepower secrets book you speak of?

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.