Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - horsepower guesses?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 07:54 PM
It's ok, I got tools!

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigassbowtie
I am new to this site I am building a sbc 409 (.040 over 400) Im kinda new to the engine building I would love to put it on a dyno but just cant justify spending 400 on somebody else tuning my motor and knowing how much horsepower it makes anyway this is what I got and please bare with me I dont know all my part numbers

holley street avenger (670?)
ported edelbrock performer rpm heads stock valves 64cc chambers
holley strip dominator intake
speed pro forged pistons -4cc dish = 11-1 cr
solid roller comp xr 292
in a 509 400 block
stock polished and shot peened rods (5.7)
stock crank

anyway what do you think for hp and torque I know some of you guys are real good at this and I know everyone thinks that theyr motor makes way more than it does so dont hold back
To answer your original question, it really depends on alot of things, what are your piston rated as far as compression? What kind of exhaust will be on it? What kind of lift does your cam actually have? How good of a port job was done on your heads?

I think the easiest thing for you to do is download a desktop dyno and enter in what you got as accurately as you can and you can get a good ball park idea from that. I torrented one myself and had it installed in about 5 min. Useful tool to have.