hot rod air directions - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

hot rod air directions

Hot Rod Air seems to have gone out of business. A buddy of mine is trying to get the directions as to wiring the control panel for one of their units. Anyone have any directions out there I would greatly appreciate any help on this. Dan

p.s. It seems like I've seen a post like this earlier, someone else looking for the same thing, but it didn't turn up on a search.
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Aren't they pretty much a copy of the Vintage Air units?

Vince
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 06:33 PM

hot rod air directions

If your buddy can tell me which control he has I may be able to help. I manufacture and sell the rectangular and oval billet controls to David over at Hot Rod Air. My company manufactures and sells evaporators that are similar to the Hot Rod Air and Vintage Air units. If your friend has questions about one of these controls just get him to email me.

*******@***********.com

Last edited by Jon; 11-20-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:42 AM

Last journal entry: A few ongoing projects
Last photo:

Just wondering, is there anything to HRA going out of buisness? I know I had a hard time trying to get one of their units ordering directly from them a couple of months ago and finally ended up getting one thru Summit.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:12 PM

I'm really not sure what is going on with Hot Rod Air. I hear all sorts of things from dealers throughout the industry. I'll be glad to help your friend if he can't get through to Hot Rod Air. Just tell him to give me a call or shoot me an email.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Here is a schematic of control panel, hopefully you can make this out. The blower control is on the left, ac/heat vent in the middle, temp on the right. I believe it is the blower circuit he is concerned with most, any help will be great! Thanks, Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ac controls.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	42114  
Old 11-21-2009, 06:28 PM

I just got a chance to look at the pic. It has me a little confused on how he wires the control. I tend not to use the same colors on different terminal unless it's absolutely necessary. On the fan switch the red, yellow and orange should hook to the blower motor. There should be a wire with a fuse - that's your power supply wire. Not sure which that we be on the drawing orange&yellow or blue. On my wiring it's blue. On the mode switch in the middle - it operates all the solenoids on the unit and water valve. I run a jumper from my fan switch to the mode switch to supply power to the mode switch. Not sure where he is jumping power from to power the switch, but power has to go into the switch from somewhere. The thermostat should have a jumper to it to power it and the other wire should run out to the compressor(usually has a female barrel end on it). Not sure if any of this helps but if theres trouble feel free to give me a call on Monday @ ************* or shoot me an email.

Last edited by cboy; 11-21-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.