Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hot rod art by chip foose
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 01:51 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Chip foose was drawing at a young age and discovered his talent then. When he was a kid he didnt want toys for christmas he wanted art supplies. He then also went to the 2ND transportation Design school in the U.S. (art center in california). I am attending the College for Creative Studies. Its the newly number 1 art school in the U.S. If you want to be a good artist like chip foose it takes alot of time and hard work. You should just go look at hot rods or whatever you want to draw and just draw them over and over. That way when your looking at the picture you see more in it. Once you have drawn that picture atleast 10 times it will look amazing to you. The kinds of things you should also practice is foundation arts such as still lifes, contours and things like that. Once you have picked most of those things up, introduce yourself into different medias such as painting, photoshop, and alias. Chip Foose uses prismacolor markers. If I were you I would use copic markers for your greys which are cool greys and warm greys. For color markers I would choose the AD markers, there nice and juicy and look great. A whole set of these will average out to about 500 dollars. But if you get on ebay or something you can buy copics whole set with the colors and then buy the greys in another set for about 400. After you have completed this you can start to practice and after about 4 years of practice you would be quite accomplished.