Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hot rod art by chip foose
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Id say drawing is part talent and part hard work from my stand point on it.
I can draw pretty well, not like chip foose, but still not to bad. Im from more of a creative family, such as my mom was well known around our area from her painting on arts and crafts. Anyway, I could draw ok Id say when I was younger, but I took a couple of classes my high school had and it really helped. I used to draw and practice every chance I had.
Lately, Ive started drawing again, Im supposed to be working on a drawing for the Virtual Kustomz thread, but haven't had the chance lately(or the patience, damn ADD )

But one misconception that people think about drawing though, is that they think they can sit down and draw an outstanding sketch in just 5 minutes. Wrong, it takes a good while to get a good drawing to look right. For a half-assed drawing that looks similar to what its supposed to be, itll take me about 45 min. But for better ones like the one that I posted in the Virtual Kustomz thread, It took me about 2 days to get that one done.

Brad