• only racing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yevgenievich

Votes: 1 14.3%

Hot rod art contest...79C10 da Man

5K views 39 replies 10 participants last post by  Only Racing 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks for the votes, I guess sex sells! :D

Great entries all. Malc I like your style! Job-rated that "Stippling" shadow with the hidden Signature was cool!

Guys...I am going to forfeit my chance to pick the subject because I started this and I want other contestants to get involved. So I forfeit it to...OH jeez...I wanted it to go to yevgenievich since he got in late. Good entry yevgenievich...but I like 79C10s stretches, so I have to go with him! :thumbup:

79C10 you got the floor...my man!

Whats your pick?

#2 ·
wow ! even a blind squirell gets an acorn , huh? :sweat:
Thanks for the nomination , I'll keep it simple . By request , we'll run with a Chevrolet Pick-up for this go 'round. A 1957 Chevrolet Pickup....... yeah ........ :drool: :drool:
Y'all cut the cars up into trucks anyway , so that'll be the subject.
Best of luck to all of you, and HAVE FUN !!!!! :thumbup:

#6 ·
Maybe if I took my time I'd do better ..... :D
seems I always go first .
Here's mine.
As customary for me ..... both of em.

Not to threadjack , but I'm in the process of moving back east and I've been absent alot lately .......
probably will be for the next few weeks , too.

Good luck to everyone , and keep grinnin.
Mike

Attachments

#11 ·
Man I missed a few cool ones going on guys, congrats to you forty !!

OK, now a really strange thing happened and I'm freaked out. A good frind of mine is a T Shirt designer and uses primarily photoshop not illustrator or other vector or 3D programs, he does this all with the "Mighty Pen Tool" as he say, I can't get a good grasp of it but he has it mastered. long story short, I resigned as Administrator, Jounalist and Photographer this week from our website and I have time to play. Tyler who's work you will see below called me the day after I saw the new contest and said our goodbyes and began chatting, he's very Kulture oriented and I told him how forty chose a 57 stepside for this contest. A RANDOM PICK outta nowhere by forty !!, I asked him for some pointers and he said he had a design for a shirt of course for himself. He never saw the photo to be used and sent me his rendering this afternoon. Can you believe just two guys chatting about the art forum on Hotrodders at this time about the little contests and this is what I find, look at the angle and the year, he has nothing else like this and never saw forty's picture. I'm gonna start on mine after the weekend but I just had to share this weird story with you guys. Almost creepy to a point.

This isn't for the contest and I marked it so not to be confused with the others.

Attachments

#12 ·
Only Racing said:
Man I missed a few cool ones going on guys, congrats to you forty !!

OK, now a really strange thing happened and I'm freaked out. A good frind of mine is a T Shirt designer and uses primarily photoshop not illustrator or other vector or 3D programs, he does this all with the "Mighty Pen Tool" as he say, I can't get a good grasp of it but he has it mastered. long story short, I resigned as Administrator, Jounalist and Photographer this week from our website and I have time to play. Tyler who's work you will see below called me the day after I saw the new contest and said our goodbyes and began chatting, he's very Kulture oriented and I told him how forty chose a 57 stepside for this contest. A RANDOM PICK outta nowhere by forty !!, I asked him for some pointers and he said he had a design for a shirt of course for himself. He never saw the photo to be used and sent me his rendering this afternoon. Can you believe just two guys chatting about the art forum on Hotrodders at this time about the little contests and this is what I find, look at the angle and the year, he has nothing else like this and never saw forty's picture. I'm gonna start on mine after the weekend but I just had to share this weird story with you guys. Almost creepy to a point.

This isn't for the contest and I marked it so not to be confused with the others.
Now the plot thickens...I forfeited my pick for the contest to 79C10 who picked the subject for the contest! I would have picked something different!

Something weird is goin on here!

Coincidence or Conspiracy? :D

By the way tell Tyler that pickup kicks butt! Tell him to stop in and join the fun!

Now lets see some art Dudes! :)

#13 ·
I wish Tyler wouldn't, lol. Too much for me to sit back and watch the master at work taking all the glory, he was freaked when I showed him the pic.

I had never touched photoshop before, only to adjust my photography in batch processes to get them on the net after an event. It's a whole new deal to play with this in other ways. I know it's a hard learning curve for anything but I like to keep trying new things.

I like the Hotrodders here, I read more than post but have more time now to play. This board works incredibly well, whoever did it, it's a great job on it, quick, well thought out and well moderated. I hope to play in this and more sections as I begin to relax.

My youngest daughter just had her 26th birthday and I'm getting her a new monitor for this comp tommorrow, I get to use it also, nice dad huh, lol. It's a 15inch Dell right now, gonna make it a 19" or 20" tommorrow. I can barely read properly on this monitor.

#20 ·
79C10 said:
oh well ..... looks like I WAS the man..........for a hot minute , anyway .....
I'll surrender my "the man" status after seeing these last couple-a-entries. I didn't really win it anyways , it was given to me . :rolleyes: easy come....easy go !
Dude...It was your idea to do the 57 Chevy pickup. So without your idea...We would be workin on a 72' pinto! :D You are still "the man"...until the 6th of March! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.