Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hot rod build up
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,168 Times in 1,030 Posts
That is all the typical viewer wants apparently or they wouldn't make these shows over and over. Us car guys hope to see SOMETHING of value and we may watch them for those little glimmers of hope that we see something interesting. I know when I first got cable I watched a lot of them, just for that little bit of real car building stuff. I don't know what changed me or them, I think a lot of both but I don't watch any of them anymore because seeing a little bit of good stuff has gotten old hat now and the drama is such a waste of time there isn't enough good stuff to make it worth it. I don't even know the names of the shows now.

The one that I really enjoyed watching with my son was Monster Garage. Before it got stupid they made some cool cars. The idea was to make something that looked unmodified yet did something very different. They did a wheel puller ambulance that was a kick in the butt. That show was fun, showed a lot about building the car, with a LOT less drama. It eventually morphed into a more drama filled stupid show with cars that were by not means interesting like when it started. The budget was real low when it started and they did some amazing things with very little money. Then the sponsers came along and they got crate engines and any wheel they wanted rolling in with big names all over the boxes and BS like that. But when it started, it was a damn cool show. The Mustang GT made into a lawn mower for a golf course was a kick in the head.

Brian