Hot rod build up - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2013, 07:16 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hot rod build up

I like to see a hot rod build up between these three company. Gas monkey garage, West coast custom and counting cars. Who go you think would make a better car?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 07:36 PM

I don't think you'll find many on here who actually care. I know,I don't.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:40 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: Take a kid to a car show
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball375 View Post
I like to see a hot rod build up between these three company. Gas monkey garage, West coast custom and counting cars. Who go you think would make a better car?
I hate to be the first on this but Gas monkey (their incompetent, unprofessional and dangerous) All three farm work out, and the shows are edited to death! The winner would be whichever gets the most money from the networks and can spend more to get the cars built and painted by the good shops they send the cars to!!!!!LOL

Jester
Old 06-14-2013, 10:19 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottersrods View Post
I don't think you'll find many on here who actually care. I know,I don't.
Ditto! I could care less if any of them built a car, let alone did a buildoff.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:27 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
Ditto! I could care less if any of them built a car, let alone did a buildoff.
X2.. I know a young lady that works in the office of one of the companies that actually does the work for some of these shops.

TV stuff for the weekend "enthusiast"
Old 06-15-2013, 08:02 AM

Last photo:

I happen to like watching the shows, It's TV. I would vote on Counting Cars. I don't take the shows serious. I know that Gilligan was not really marooned on that island.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,137 Times in 1,007 Posts
I can not tell you, I can't convey in words how much I dislike that dude on Counting cars with the headband (?) OMG I can't stand that guy! I have been a big fan of "Pawn Stars" which is the show where he "got famous" (gag me) and the guy just brings a vomit on.

Did I mention I don't like that guy much?

Brian
Old 06-15-2013, 08:43 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbeard View Post
I happen to like watching the shows, It's TV. I would vote on Counting Cars. I don't take the shows serious. I know that Gilligan was not really marooned on that island.
WHAT!

Brian
Old 06-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

I take the show's for what they really are...Entertainment !!!! When I do ever watch TV... And that's not to offen..

But I really don't think I can say there's anyone on TV that build's cars that I would like to see a build off with..... Now.. Take ED Roth,darryl starbird and some of them old builder and then it will be a good show to watch,, If the Producer's don't screw that all up...

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 06-15-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:02 AM

Last photo:

The only problem is Randy, some of those old guys what we both love so much, they really didn't BUILD the car very well. They styled it like art, but the build it's self, YEOW. I have had the good fortune of being around some of these cars in shops being restored or repaired and seeing them "naked". Some cars that I have drooled over in the past were MILES from well built. This hasn't changed my view of them, they are still art and I know the quality of most builds have went up over the years, it is what it is.

This goes for "show cars" in general, seen a couple very famous cars that won BIG awards that were miles less than stellar naked.

Brian
Old 06-15-2013, 09:11 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
The only problem is Randy, some of those old guys what we both love so much, they really didn't BUILD the car very well. They styled it like art, but the build it's self, YEOW. I have had the good fortune of being around some of these cars in shops being restored or repaired and seeing them "naked". Some cars that I have drooled over in the past were MILES from well built. This hasn't changed my view of them, they are still art and I know the quality of most builds have went up over the years, it is what it is.

This goes for "show cars" in general, seen a couple very famous cars that won BIG awards that were miles less than stellar naked.

Brian
And the ones on tv are any better????

I seen and had the chance to sit and talk with them guy's... Yes they had things about their cars I didn't like as well,,, But they was BUILT.. And some from NOTHING... Where is that today,,, All you see now is patching up old cars.... I would like to see someone BUILDING a car from nothing.... That's what people want to see... Just look at the view's on just me and Cboy's home made cars... That will tell you what people want to see... That is the biggest reason I post of these forums... People like seeing things made from NOTHING...

And I wasn't trying to wave a flag look at me and cboy,, Just telling it like I see it..
Old 06-15-2013, 09:16 AM

Last photo:

I understand, I am just saying........Besides most TV viewers don't want to see the meat and potatos of such builds, they want to see the fire that cooks them.

Brian
Old 06-15-2013, 09:18 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I understand, I am just saying........Besides most TV viewers don't want to see the meat and potatos of such builds, they want to see the fire that cooks them.

Brian
I guess that's good if you enjoy DRAMA !!!!

I guess that's why I enjoyed watching Chip's show's... Not any DRAMA...He has funny with his people,,, Some one else I had the chance to talk with,, Good Guy..
Old 06-15-2013, 09:26 AM

Last photo:

That is all the typical viewer wants apparently or they wouldn't make these shows over and over. Us car guys hope to see SOMETHING of value and we may watch them for those little glimmers of hope that we see something interesting. I know when I first got cable I watched a lot of them, just for that little bit of real car building stuff. I don't know what changed me or them, I think a lot of both but I don't watch any of them anymore because seeing a little bit of good stuff has gotten old hat now and the drama is such a waste of time there isn't enough good stuff to make it worth it. I don't even know the names of the shows now.

The one that I really enjoyed watching with my son was Monster Garage. Before it got stupid they made some cool cars. The idea was to make something that looked unmodified yet did something very different. They did a wheel puller ambulance that was a kick in the butt. That show was fun, showed a lot about building the car, with a LOT less drama. It eventually morphed into a more drama filled stupid show with cars that were by not means interesting like when it started. The budget was real low when it started and they did some amazing things with very little money. Then the sponsers came along and they got crate engines and any wheel they wanted rolling in with big names all over the boxes and BS like that. But when it started, it was a damn cool show. The Mustang GT made into a lawn mower for a golf course was a kick in the head.

Brian

Old 06-15-2013, 09:39 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbeard View Post
What do you mean, "Gilligan was not really marooned on that island"?

BB

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.