Hot Rod Forum banner

Hot Rod Gift??

909 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  5window 
#1 ·
Hello Hotrodders forum!

This is more than likely going to a bit of a different post but i'm hoping you guys can give me a few tips or pointers. It's mt farther's birthday coming up soon and he is a nightmare to buy for. But this time i have an angle to go in, Hot Rods! He owns his own body shop where he repairs and re-sprays cars and at the side his own personal Hot Rod garage. Now in all honesty i have no idea when it comes to Hot Rods or mechanics in general, so what could i get him? What would you guys love as a gift off your son on your B-day keeping in mind i'm not rich ha ha.

His Hot Rod is an old shell with wheels and an engine nothing inside the cockpit so to speak so that might help you guys to help me! Looking forward to your reply's Hotrodders!!

Thanks

See less See more
#5 ·
$200-$700 Gauge set (speedometer, water temp, oil pressure, voltage, tachometer)
$50-$200 Gauge Bessel
$500-$700 Tilt steering column (Ididit, Flaming River)
$100-$200 Steering wheel (LaCarra, Grant)
$200-$400 Transmission shifter (LoKar, B&M)
$50-$200 Gas pedal assembly
$50-$200 Brake pedal assembly
$100-$300 Emergency brake handle assembly
$200-$400 Power window kit
$150-$400 Wiring harness
$50-$200 Door and window handle
$10-$50 Shifter knob
$50-$100 Fire extinguisher
$25-$100 Battery shut off
$50-$200 Battery box
$50-$200 Battery cables (1/0-2/0 welding cable)
$25-$50 Ignition switch
$25-$50 Headlight switch
$10-$25 LED dash indicator lights (turn, high beam)
$100-$200 LED tail lights
$25-$50 LED third brake light
$25-$50 LED interior lights
$100-$200 Seat belts
$25-$50 Gift certificate (Summit, Speedway, Jegs)

#7 ·
Thanks for the huge list of options!!! There is a lot that goes into building the Hot Rods up and this has made my job so much easier!!

Talk to a local pinstriper? Get some prices on doing some detail work, either on his car directly, or even a cooler, fire extinguisher, stainless steel coffee mug, shift knob...then pick a number ($ amount) and give your dad a gift certificate for that amount. When your dad turns in the gift cert, have the painter call you and pay him. This way your Dad can buy an object (pinstriped coffee mug), or have a discount on a bigger piece (pinstriped hoodscoop).
I love the idea of getting something related to Hot Rods instead of actual parts for the hot rod. This might be a better idea because i am clueless to what he would want on his Hot Rod, unless i get him involved and scrap the surprise...?

Thanks for the help everyone i will be back soon after a little research

#6 ·
Talk to a local pinstriper? Get some prices on doing some detail work, either on his car directly, or even a cooler, fire extinguisher, stainless steel coffee mug, shift knob...then pick a number ($ amount) and give your dad a gift certificate for that amount. When your dad turns in the gift cert, have the painter call you and pay him. This way your Dad can buy an object (pinstriped coffee mug), or have a discount on a bigger piece (pinstriped hoodscoop).

#9 ·
Hello Hotrodders forum!

This is more than likely going to a bit of a different post but i'm hoping you guys can give me a few tips or pointers. It's mt farther's birthday coming up soon and he is a nightmare to buy for. But this time i have an angle to go in, Hot Rods! He owns his own body shop where he repairs and re-sprays cars and at the side his own personal Hot Rod garage. Now in all honesty i have no idea when it comes to Hot Rods or mechanics in general, so what could i get him? What would you guys love as a gift off your son on your B-day keeping in mind i'm not rich ha ha.

His Hot Rod is an old shell with wheels and an engine nothing inside the cockpit so to speak so that might help you guys to help me! Looking forward to your reply's Hotrodders!!
https://www.easyprices.com/

Thanks
Right i have decided to get him search online and pick him out a part for his Hot Rod and then i am going to use the website you provided to order something a little different for him!!! Thanks guys

I will be back when i know what i'm getting him

#10 ·
If you're still looking, get him a subscription to The Rodder's Journal. Fantastic cars, quality printed and hours of enjoying the craftsmanship and history with minimal advertising

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.