Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hot Rod Title Laws TEXAS
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

Wiki Time

There is a lot of info in the WIKI here on Hotrodders , How to title a hot rod. When anyone has more info on any state please update the Wiki for everyone's benefit. Buying a dead title can be risky , some states do not recognize them and you could posibly have your project impounded and be charged with fraud ! ! Model T's and A's used the engine number for ownership documents. when an engine was changed the documentation was supposed to be updated. My A V 8 roadster was in the family for apx 20 years, the paperwork was not updated when the V 8 was installed by someone many years before. . A couple years ago I got a letter from the DMV that some one was restoring a Model A pickup and using the engine that was originally in the roadster. I agreed to let them use the engine number and I will get an assigned Vin Number. I bought 2 model A frames last year, only one has an ID number stamped on it. I had read on the Web that not all A frames have numbers. Some states are a lot friendlier to builders. Read all your state's laws and rules, ask other builders, KEEP all your receipts, take pictures. try to meet with someone in your DMV that knows the procedure. I have a friend who was talking about building a car in calif, He is retired, was considering moving to another state with his trailer load of his project, renting a house for the summer and getting enough done to get it registered , then moving back to calif for the warmer winter.