Hot Rod Forum banner

Hot Rod of the Week suggestions?

6K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  straight6nova67 
#1 ·
I'm looking for suggestions for Hot Rod of the Week.

Hot Rod of the Week is the section of Hotrodders.com where we feature photos and information on one car, every week, for the past 145 weeks.

This week's Hot Rod of the Week is <a href="http://hotrodders.com/vehicles/" target="_blank">here</a>.

If there's a car that you would like to see as Hot Rod of the Week, please suggest it in this thread. I think any of the following would make excellent suggestions:

--members' cars you've seen on the board

--cars you've seen in the <a href="http://hotrodders.com/album" target="_blank">Hotrodders Photo Album</a>

--cars you've seen on other websites

Feel free to post pics, links, or whatever. The only current requirements for Hot Rod of the Week cars are that they be mostly finished, and, of course, that they be hot rods, whatever that means.

See less See more
#2 ·
OK now I know this isn't actually a request for a certain car, but how about some newer stuff than the previous "Hot Rods of the Week". Now nothing against the cars we've had, I'm personally more a fan of the older iron than the newer gear myself, but there are those on the site who have newer rides (and I'm not talking imports). I mean like 70's, and 80's cars, trucks. I would far rather my '37 Chevy be on the road but till the I gotta put up with newer iron. For example I know there are a couple F-Body guys here, a couple S-10 guys and so on. Just a thought.

bonuts

#3 ·
You wanna feature my 78 montecarlo,right??You evan wanna touch up the wavy bondo in the drivers side fender with some kind of photo fixer program,befor you show the picture,right??And wile the programs already in use lets crop and cut and paste a blown BigBlock in there,for the coolness factor. No??.....Alright,fine then the hell with you guys!! :D

I vote to see Hemmi's gremlin up there.Theres a cool 70s car.

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: 78 monte ]</p>

#4 ·
Hey, Jon

I'd be happy to see my '54 Chevy pickup featured ... the only reason I haven't headed that way before is that the interior isn't there yet. But in the past month I've installed a Gennie shifter and hand brake, did an EZ-Wire kit, installed an Old Air AC/Heat/Defrost unit, Bed Roll Tail Lights, a new Edelbrock Performer carb, and new headlight bezels and visors.
:D

I have a whole picture-diary posted at my site, too - see link below my sig.

BTW - I owe a LOT to Hotrodders.com!! I'm brandy-new at all this ... this is my first serious attempt at hotrodding - got the truck in January - and I have gotten so much help along every step of the way from so many COOL members here, it's unbelievable. Not only have you guys saved my butt a dozen times, but you've all made it a much more enjoyable experience along the way. It's GREAT having pals to share the passion with and to learn from!

THANKS.

Alan Horvath
<a href="http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/" target="_blank">54 Chevy Pickup</a>

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: horvath ]</p>

#5 ·
I think the hot rod of the week should include the rods that are still in the build up stages. I think we are missing out.

I can remember my ol man rolling down the road for the first time in a 49 Lincoln sitting on a bucket just to be able to drive his hod. Even though it wasn't finished he would still show it every chance he got just to say hey it's getting there and I'm doing it. Because thats what hot rodding is, right?

So I'd like to see some in progress rods as well as some finished ones. Pretty much everyone on this site has a rod they are building or wants a rod to build. So why not show them off some.

I'd love to see horvath's rod on display as rod of the week.

just my $.02

#11 ·
Thanks for all the cheers!
I've got the Hotrodding bug this year and I sure am amazed at how exciting this is!

I agree -- building them is what it's all about!!! I'd hate to ever be finished working on my truck! I'd either have to start another project or wind up in the funny farm.

PS - I'm really diggin' the 1-ton Chevy Slider in WA is working on!

Alan Horvath

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: horvath ]</p>

#16 ·
i would like to see my brothers 69' chevy pickup short bed stepside.. its got a 350 in it.. air shocks that raise and lower the rear .. if you call that a hot rod then.. heck yea id like to see it on here.. i have a few pics too its got chrome dual exhaust some nice rims.. its painted red.. if youd like to show it .. let me know!all the truck needs is a new paint job..

( oh and jon what part of colorado you from? )
thanks
Nos

#17 ·
Stoned...man..slammin Hemmis Gremlin and callin it a wiener car. Sure hope he don't take it personally. because he makes ABOUT 5 OF YOU!!!!! 1 thump on top of your noggin and you'll be up to your neck in dirt and around here we don't mow around anything, just chuck it out the side. LOL!!!

Kevin

#18 ·
Speaking from a show judges point of view, All cars should be looked at for what they are.
Quantity=how much has been done.
Quality=how well it was done.
Degree of difficulty=how hard it was to do.
Detail=???????????????another can of worms.
I also have my favorits, and try not to let them influence my decision.
I had rather see cars from this site only, just my idea.

#22 ·
Thanks, Larry

I, too, agree it should be a HR.com member ... don't see why it should be street legal -- if a member here is working on something worthy, it should get featured > my .02, anyway.

Alan Horvath

#24 ·
OK -- great suggestions, just what I was hoping for. bonuts -- in regards to newer vehicles, I would like to see some as well, although I think we should probably stick to 20's through 70's cars as a rough approximation of hot rods, so that we can remain in our niche. More muscle-car era vehicles would be nice though.

Alan's truck should make a good pick for this week, especially since his website was added to the Hot Rod Search Engine last week, and it looks like it's been pretty popular, with over 400 clicks in its first week. Then let's do HG's Gremlin for the week after.

CustomChrome -- I think you made some good points. The Hot Rod of the Week section has been somewhat of an "eye candy" part of the site. You'll notice in recent weeks that keywords in the Hot Rod of the Week vehicle descriptions have been linked to Knowledge Base resources, in an attempt to push that section of the site in a more technical direction. Featuring cars in the process of being built should help us move towards that goal, but I do think that they should be more done than not.

It looks like everyone is pretty much in favor of members vehicles being selected, which sounds about right to me too. Our new board architecture includes an integrated voting feature that we should be able to use to allow members to collectively select a vehicle for each week, if that sounds like something in which people are interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.