Hot rodders needs a change - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Man, if you don't like it! why are you on it! The things I don't like I don't post on! You don't need rules to do that!!!! It seems more like jealousy oriented complaining to me!!

"How dare they post this stuff on my favorite site" LOL

There used to be a few bobbers and choppers, quite a few Mopars and AMCs, Fords, performance boats and more Its seemed to have narrowed down on here to Chevy 383s and whats my horse power LOL

I do agree that politics, religion, Guns Etc have no place on here and some of the elitism isn't needed either! Those threads only lead to trouble ( I get sucked right into em )

I do wish we could cut some slack on some of the older guys talking about street experiences during the hay day of the muscle cars especially in the lounge that's for members only! But I guess that's too much to ask Its funny though we can tell a young guy how to put a full race build on the street with no problems with the rules but cant mention what happens when a build like that pulls out of the drive way for its maiden voyage LOL

Jester

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeratrod View Post
Mods & Members i do like all the info & help here but this is a Hot Rod site and i feel to many post are to fix or find info on new stuff. I think 1979 Q&A's should be the cut off point. What do you all think!! To many Q & A's about too much newer stuff is happen lately. Maybe a new tab or link for the new stuff would be best. My 2 cents!!
Keep your 2 cents.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

We have some posts here about newer than 1979 cars.
If you go putting an age limit on members , which would be really non productive for plenty of reasons , you will lose members. Probably younger ones. Well if all the young guys are gone...where are tomorrows Hotrodders going to come from.......NOT.
If you have a problem hooking up a nitrous mastermind, you can go to MEE section and get help. You ever heard of nitrous???
Also many late model engines run EFI and make GOBBS of horsepower doing it. You thing all the dragsters on TV have Carbs???
Get over it...if a fellow rodder needs hep with his DD to earn money for his rod Big deal.
If you dont like what you read...dont read it.
And Boothboy.... I will have the Butter Brickle please...

Last edited by LATECH; 02-20-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:43 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Oh. I thought the proposed age limit was on vehicles not members. Either way, bad idea IMHO.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
Oh. I thought the proposed age limit was on vehicles not members. Either way, bad idea IMHO.
Yeah...either way...bad idea.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:26 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
We have some posts here about newer than 1979 cars.
If you go putting an age limit on members , which would be really non productive for plenty of reasons , you will lose members. Probably younger ones. Well if all the young guys are gone...where are tomorrows Hotrodders going to come from.......NOT.
If you have a problem hooking up a nitrous mastermind, you can go to MEE section and get help. You ever heard of nitrous???
Also many late model engines run EFI and make GOBBS of horsepower doing it. You thing all the dragsters on TV have Carbs???
Get over it...if a fellow rodder needs hep with his DD to earn money for his rod Big deal.
If you dont like what you read...dont read it.
And Boothboy.... I will have the Butter Brickle please...
Butter Brickle hummmmmmmmmm!
BB
Old 02-20-2013, 06:58 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
Butter Brickle hummmmmmmmmm!
BB

Jester LOL
Old 02-20-2013, 07:31 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

sadly, this type thing happens at shows/cruises, where the gray beards look down at the younger guys that are building what they can afford.. some forgot that back when they where yound they drove and hopped up what they could afford, and then LEFT the hobby, while starting a family (car for sale, baby coming lol) then after raising the kids or getting a better job that allowed them to be able to return to the hobby.. tomorrows rodder(if you are going to be so closeminded to think thats only model a's to 1948 etc. ) today the young guys don't have a place to put the car when renting and starting out.. remember back in YOUR day. your rods where just used up junk, used cars.. today these are not used junkers and even some of them comand big money.. they are cars that if left outside overnight parked on the street or apartment lot.. mostlikely will go missing, todays car guy thats tooling in a honda or a mid 80's monte SS or 3rd gen f body, fox mustang, will be tomorrows hot rodder.. but their rods will not be like yours, they will handle, they will start on a crisp morning, they won't beat your back into submission on a powertour type cruise, .. if some of you keep up the snob. b/s you'll have the same issues the 1900-40's restored crowd has now.. owners in their 80+ and no one wants the resored to stock goes 30mph car..
Every time I do a junkyard crawl. I see oiler iron and think , hay I'll go south and get a rot free older car and build a rod. now that my skill level is fair enough to get most of it done inhouse.. then I go to a cruise or show, and hear the a-h comments from the owners of the fatfendered on back type rods, about the younger generations.. and think, do I want to be part of that .. when a 15-30 y/o ask about your build and you basicly blow them off.. but a older guy/gal you'll wax on and on for hours about it.. is a HUGE turn off.. just because the kid today is running around with a clapped out p.o.s. doesn't mean one day he/she can't see them in a hot rod, but theirs might be in kit form as the well is running dry on good metal originals that don't need 20k in body work..
some older folk forget they when young rodded the p.o.s. that where aval. as cheap used cars,, nothings changed.. other than the cars aval. now don't look like a car from the 20-50's..
it's amazing how some forget what it was like when they where young, no money, min wage just starting out.. and can't see the kid in the clapped out cutlass or honda as a mirror of themselves..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gearheadslife For This Useful Post:
AutoGear (02-22-2013), dinger (02-22-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 PM

Last photo:

^ Brilliant post, thank you.
EDIT: I totally agree.... I think we've all been there and experienced that. Having big goals & aspirations but little means to turn them into a reality. Such is life, although it sure makes you appreciate those that can make something brilliant work with what little they sometimes have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Sorry.... I quit school a long time ago to go to work to help my mother and father out.. THANKS FOR THE LESSON !!!!!!
Im on the same level, my parents were killed a month after I turned 18 by a drunk driver. Ive been 100% on my own ever since.

The thing is though? I still remember my grade 6 english class where I learned the fundamental difference of your VS. youre. I meant to edit that in as a friendly reminder (in case you didn't know), nothing else but you cant edit a post beyond the 30 min rule so I couldn't. I felt bad since I knew you would've construed it to be a condescending insult it that way, as you surely did. Im sorry I didn't mean that to be an insult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie5.7 View Post
Jeeze, please go back to not posting. You're riling up the knitting circle
Awwww, "jeeze" did I get your panties in a big ole' bunch? Perhaps you should take a break from posting yourself and sort those out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
I sure noticed the extent of which people have misinterpreted that. I was not talking about age limits on the members, just the cars. As in model year 1979 or older, not born in 1979 or older. To limit this forum to people born before 1979 would kill it for the younger folk just getting into this.

The reason I was suggesting that, is that it would make browsing the classifieds (or whatever) a lot easier if all you have is only hot rod stuff, on a hot rod forum. Not seeing import SUV's and the like filling up the classifieds as well.

I can see your points though, so its kind a dead end at this point to take this any further.

Good to have a refresher on the other points of view. *CLOSED*.

Last edited by Graham M; 02-20-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I have to say I do agree with you on keeping the classifieds to hotrod type cars only and keeping the daily driver soccer mom junk out. Motorcycles, boats and all should be restricted. I will suggest that to the other Mods and see what the think.
If someone wants a 2001 honda or nissan ...go to carmax or somewhere.
I guess maybe that deserves to be looked at. Point taken.
Keep an open mind to the youing guys that come in here from time to time. They come in , some stick around , some go. There young. Its their only fault. The way kids are these days if one has an interest and is motivated and needs some help...give the kid a hand.
A helping hand is better than a hand out.
Keep an open mind..these kids these days.... may just teach YOU something.
Valkyrie made a valid point , dont take it the wrong way , he is a good apple . Peace
boothboy (02-20-2013), Valkyrie5.7 (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM

Last photo:

^ In that regard I'm sorry Valkyrie. Interesting he said "dont take it the wrong way" yet I sure took your post as such.

Im here to help to NO extent, you should see me on other forums.... its just that on here I find it very frustrating since people are basically abusing this forum using it as a free medium to advertise. Some of the stuff advertised on here couldn't be farther then anything relating to "hot rods" yet people sign up just to hock their stuff, or ask very unrelated questions.

To see NOTHING get done about any of that is quite annoying.... hence this badly construed thread.

I remember PM'ing a mod when I first signed up about some of these points, and he never responded, nor was anything done to any mere extent.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
^ In that regard I'm sorry Valkyrie. Interesting he said "dont take it the wrong way" yet I sure took your post as such.
I ribbed you, you ribbed back. No harm, no foul. I'm a rather tough apple as well
Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Banned

Last photo:

First off it was only an " Idea" to put new stuff in it's own place! that was it ,not to be bashed!!! Others feel more then i do , Sorry for that ! But i help if i can !! But this was not meant to Belittle or make something not worth asking !!!! Or a Time frame of what you own!! But a Q&A on a 2011 does not be long That Was All.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeratrod View Post
First off it was only an " Idea" to put new stuff in it's own place! that was it ,not to be bashed!!! Others feel more then i do , Sorry for that ! But i help if i can !! But this was not meant to Belittle or make something not worth asking !!!! Or a Time frame of what you own!! But a Q&A on a 2011 does not be long That Was All.
By George your right !. There shouldn't be any Q & A on a 2011! They should still be under warranty!

Now as far as picking on the younger guys don't do it. It's the only time in their lives when they know everything. I did! Oh what a dumb shmoo I am now!

BB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shmoo.gif
Views:	35
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	71567  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Banned

Last photo:

Oh help the lights do not work on my 2011 ford flex !!! Well take it to the dealer ,It's new they fix it!! This is all i am saying!! Stuff like this

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.