Hot rodders needs a change - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 08:01 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry but Graham M , You kinda Hi jacked this thread!! And made it twist and turn!! sorry your not happy here. I just was thinking a New Section . So all of us could go and check 90's up stuff to help with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: $2500.oo Trans AM is home at last
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeratrod View Post
Sorry but Graham M , You kinda Hi jacked this thread!! And made it twist and turn!! sorry your not happy here. I just was thinking a New Section . So all of us could go and check 90's up stuff to help with
Now that's not a bad suggestion Will I still fit in the age limit! Cut it off at 80 yrs old those old farts cant see anyway and their canes hit the key boards!!! LOL

Jester
Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 PM

Last photo:

^ Anybody that can read this forum text past 80, AND is into hot rods deserves nothing but respect in my books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killeratrod View Post
hahaha. No man... its all good. I've been in a few internet battles, Im not exactly going to cry in a corner or cut myself up over this. However that's surprisingly typical behavior of most very active members on Youtube.
LOL I totally see what you mean, and that's worth pushing for, for sure.

For the record to the mods... This one (local) car forum Im on: new users that have less then 30 days from their original sign up cannot post in the marketplace. That's greatly reduced the amount of people signing up JUST for the free advertising merits.
Its not an answer to the issue at hand, but its just something to consider. Most people that sign up, forget about the forum in that time period, so they just move on to try to sell their stuff on craigslist (or for us Canadian's: "Kijiji") or whatever. At least that's a bit of sweat off your backs in terms of governing the classifieds more closely, at least if thats what you guys earnestly intend on doing.

EDIT: For the record "New Interiors", I'm sorry if I offended you in any manner. I was just trying to point out a simple grammatical mistake that you may have unintentionally made. Please dont think I meant anything rude about that.

Last edited by Graham M; 02-20-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

It's all good ...

I would be the first to say, I can't spell worth a d****... I did do very well in life in a lot of way's... I was able to learn a lot and push everything I did learn to the limits...Like I said it's all good..
Old 02-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Allright fellas. I posted a thread in the Mods section and after all the responses the Overwhelming majority said that all things considered, they dont see a need to change anything .
Age limits on cars, members, rice burners,daily drivers advertised in the classifieds...all discussed....no need for any change.
OK. ?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Engine basic condition - how to check Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 26

I would think that most users would see the benefit of being able to get help on their Hotrod as well as their daily driver when needed. There is a very diverse group of people here that have tons of knowledge, why not use it if they are willing to share.

Chet
The Following User Says Thank You to T-bucket23 For This Useful Post:
Joe G (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

I say help who you can, When you can...
DD or hotrods.. THEY ARE ALL CARS !!!

What better place to ask if you have a problem with any of them... Now !!!! Some of the other stuff,, Well never mind...LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
dinger (02-22-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 07:20 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
Allright fellas. I posted a thread in the Mods section and after all the responses the Overwhelming majority said that all things considered, they dont see a need to change anything .
Age limits on cars, members, rice burners,daily drivers advertised in the classifieds...all discussed....no need for any change.
OK. ?
Phew...I'm glad that's over. I was nearly out of popcorn and beer.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
******Im serious about posting questions about household plumbing & heating in whatever section I feel like posting it in, since I highly doubt even THAT would be deleted.
Obviously you've never had a thread or post deleted, do you think you'd like getting arbitrarily dumped because someone didn't agree with your agenda?

Actually, an off the wall post about home maintenance or blocked plumbing would probably be moved to off-topic, where you might even get a reasonable answer. If it was me responding, I'd PM you (so as not to burden others...) about some amazing stuff I've heard of to help your plumbing problem, and it tastes just like a Hershey bar. Don't thank me, we're here to help fellow members.

Midnight Sun Street Rod Association
Old 02-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Actually about plumbing and heating and remodeling some of the guys have man caves that are nicer than my living room..if you have ever had the option of being in one..maybe some guy wants to do that. We have a garage tools section for that sort of thing..

Sam
Old 02-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
sadly, this type thing happens at shows/cruises, where the gray beards look down at the younger guys that are building what they can afford.. some forgot that back when they where yound they drove and hopped up what they could afford, and then LEFT the hobby, while starting a family (car for sale, baby coming lol) then after raising the kids or getting a better job that allowed them to be able to return to the hobby.. tomorrows rodder(if you are going to be so closeminded to think thats only model a's to 1948 etc. ) today the young guys don't have a place to put the car when renting and starting out.. remember back in YOUR day. your rods where just used up junk, used cars.. today these are not used junkers and even some of them comand big money.. they are cars that if left outside overnight parked on the street or apartment lot.. mostlikely will go missing, todays car guy thats tooling in a honda or a mid 80's monte SS or 3rd gen f body, fox mustang, will be tomorrows hot rodder.. but their rods will not be like yours, they will handle, they will start on a crisp morning, they won't beat your back into submission on a powertour type cruise, .. if some of you keep up the snob. b/s you'll have the same issues the 1900-40's restored crowd has now.. owners in their 80+ and no one wants the resored to stock goes 30mph car..
Every time I do a junkyard crawl. I see oiler iron and think , hay I'll go south and get a rot free older car and build a rod. now that my skill level is fair enough to get most of it done inhouse.. then I go to a cruise or show, and hear the a-h comments from the owners of the fatfendered on back type rods, about the younger generations.. and think, do I want to be part of that .. when a 15-30 y/o ask about your build and you basicly blow them off.. but a older guy/gal you'll wax on and on for hours about it.. is a HUGE turn off.. just because the kid today is running around with a clapped out p.o.s. doesn't mean one day he/she can't see them in a hot rod, but theirs might be in kit form as the well is running dry on good metal originals that don't need 20k in body work..
some older folk forget they when young rodded the p.o.s. that where aval. as cheap used cars,, nothings changed.. other than the cars aval. now don't look like a car from the 20-50's..
it's amazing how some forget what it was like when they where young, no money, min wage just starting out.. and can't see the kid in the clapped out cutlass or honda as a mirror of themselves..
I have to disagree with you on this point a wee bit.

We "older guys" spend an awful lot of time REMINISCING about the days when we drove "rust & primer" and had a lot of fun doing engine transplants into some rather mundane plain-vanilla cars ... like my 351C powered 1966 Galaxie *4-door* sedan, for example. I tried 3 different sets of headers on that combo, and finally found some that fit with a bit of "dimpling" (read "bashing with a 2lb mallet after heating with a torch")

How about "Power-shifting" a Cruise-O-Matic by shifting from "L" to "D" for a fraction of a second, and then back to "L" in order to keep it locked in 2nd?
(Yes, it's true. Sad and true ... )

That car was QUITE the sleeper ...
"Whatcha got in that heap, anyway?"
"A 289, just like the fender badges say ..."

And yup ... sold 2 of my cars when baby was on the way, too.
1968 Torino (again 351C powered) and a mildly built 1975 Dart "daily driver".
Bought a 1970 Datsun 510 and paid off the "Chargex" card.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

As far as the "home-handyman" / "plumbing repairs" concerns go ...

I dunno about the rest of you, but I end up going to the same old toolbox that I use for car repais and doing whatever I can do myself ... rather than spending money to pay someone else. (Gotta justify the purchase of "those expensive tools" to my wife somehow ... )

I truly believe that is just another trait that MOST hotrodders have ... pride in their "I did it myself" accomplishment.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Just some observations from a long time member and a Mod. We had a member ask a question in off topic about his laundry drain backing up. Yep, we have professional plumbers and do it your selfers here that helped. Interesting, yes, it may happen to you or myself someday. I like to learn a little bit every day when I can, I love the trivia thread in the lounge. When we close our minds to things we feel that don't belong, we stop helping and learning.

Case in point: How many threads do you think there are on the 383 stroker SBC? I am going to guess 1 gazillion. Yet we still have members that help the new guy with a build. How many horsepower does my 327 have? What's the best way to be rid of rust? Someone comes to answer. I wish I could closely estimate the years of experience we have come to rely on, on this site. Want to know about drag racing your Honda? Techinspector can help you out. And he will. Deadbodyman will help you with rust, Barryk will sell you some paint that EVERYONE brags of, Cboy and Newinteriors will help you hand build a car. We have some of the best of the best here; and I don't hear them complain.

Mods: We had a very wise administrator, Jon. And like it was said before, if they aren't breaking the rules, let it go. Personally, I despise personal attacks; I have no patience for that. Ponch is the MAN, IMO, he is on top of it. We discuss things in the mod forum regularly, there isn't a slacker in the bunch. And like it has been said, if it doesn't interest you, leave it alone. I have been to a few forum sections a few times, I know squat on how to build an engine (it may last a week, it may last a lifetime. 10 second guarantee.) I pay someone to do my interior work, I would waste more money tearing stuff up, it is cheaper that way. Electrical, I can wire a house but not a car. I pick the things I am interested in and that's where I hang out. I have a good time, many of the members I have met face to face; and there is not a bad apple yet! It's still the best hotrodders site on the net.
killerformula (02-22-2013), malc (02-22-2013), ssimpala (02-22-2013), Valkyrie5.7 (02-22-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 11:52 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68NovaSS View Post
Obviously you've never had a thread or post deleted, do you think you'd like getting arbitrarily dumped because someone didn't agree with your agenda?
Actually I have, and why was that? because it was hopelessly off topic or discussed numerous times before (where as I obviously didn't search for it).

Its just that no matter how off topic (from hot rodding) I see some of the questions on here about, their never deleted. Hence that original comment I said.
As far as "agenda's" are concerned, I log onto a website called Hot Rod, Street Rod, and Muscle Car Mega-site -- Hotrodders.com to talk about..... you guessed it Hotrodding. Nothing else really. I can understand such off topic stuff being in the off topic section, but such little stuff ends up there. Which concludes most other points I've brought up in this thread. Perhaps you're great at moving stuff over there, but I wouldn't know since I haven't spent too much time here at all.

I agree with the last mod to chime in that there should be a section for newer cars, to which people can post questions about whatever off topic vehicles they have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.